Maria Ho wins the WPTDeepStacks Johannesburg

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion Maria Ho is overated player. This paltry 60 some thousand barely pays for her years traveling expenses. When she folded set of 10's or went all in with deuces at WSOPE is when I figured she is nonsense player. Some 2+2 player or CC player are stronger player than her. I could not believe her terrible WSOPE performance.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion Maria Ho is overated player. This paltry 60 some thousand barely pays for her years traveling expenses. When she folded set of 10's or went all in with deuces at WSOPE is when I figured she is nonsense player. Some 2+2 player or CC player are stronger player than her. I could not believe her terrible WSOPE performance.

NO. Maria Ho is an UNDER-rated player.

You are sticking your nose up at $60k ?

She made a mistake with those TT and you want to critique her whole career based on that one televised hand?

There are better players? She's not THE best in the world? OH NOOOoooooo!!

I am sure she has more titles to take down and trophies to take home.
Good luck Maria....carry on!

Last edited:
Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is funny that 0.01/0.02 cash game losers claim that some pro is weak :))

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very happy to see Maria Ho win! I think she's a very strong player. I've learned a lot by watching her play and listening to her hand analysis.

Way to go!

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats for Maria Ho, she is a delight to watch playing and hosting or should I say narrating events.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good for Maria, lately there are many girls who have made themselves felt in the world of poker, an example of it The females of Team Pro, Liv Boeree and Vanessa Selbst, were named "best international player".:cool:

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for her. Glad to see her win this event.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not getting a good sense for the game from the CC News article other than a lot of luck was involved....

The pivotal hand of the day for the American came during level 18 when she flopped quad sixes.

A flopped flush against local pro Jarred Solomon quickly took the final nine down to eight and gave Ho even more chips to work with.
Later on Ho crushed the competition with an 85o that made ... well ... not much.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Maria is underrated. She is a good player for sure. Not a standout star by any means but definitely a better than average player imo.

C

CarlyTom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So who at this moment are the best women poker players? I loved seeing Vicky Coren play...

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO. Maria Ho is an UNDER-rated player.

You are sticking your nose up at $60k ?

She made a mistake with those TT and you want to critique her whole career based on that one televised hand?

There are better players? She's not THE best in the world? OH NOOOoooooo!!

I am sure she has more titles to take down and trophies to take home.
Good luck Maria....carry on!

I agree with your counter-argument here from the previous comment calling her over-rated.
This headline surprised me, as I don't have Maria listed as a top poker player in my books, not really even in the smaller group of female players. I under-rated her myself, and did not think she had a chance of winning, placing - yes, but didn't imagine her winning!!! Well done Ms. Ho, I'm happy for you.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So who at this moment are the best women poker players? I loved seeing Vicky Coren play...

Liv B. will always be #1 in my book among the female players. Top 3 overall in the entire poker world I think. That could just be because I think she's drop dead gorgeous and give her extra points for that - seriously I'd put my whole bankroll on red for a chance to buy her a drink.... regardless, she's a woman who demands respect at the tables and should be considered one of the most feared players out there.