Las Vegas Hosts Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final Monday Night

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm hoping to see Washington win tonight. :)

BilNicholson

BilNicholson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont know much about the sport, but i heard a lot about golden knights and their story being a miracle

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
dont know much about the sport, but i heard a lot about golden knights and their story being a miracle

It is a pretty amazing accomplishment, that's for sure.

Both teams came out ready to win, there is no doubt! It will be a good series with some good hockey, if they can keep up this pace.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to admit that when I saw the original roster of the Golden Knights, I figured they would be good for about 15-18 regular season wins, and never dreamed that they would even sniff the playoffs.

But as the season continued on, I became a big fan of the team - for a number of reasons. The fact that they worked well together as a "group of castoffs", the way they responded to the Vegas shooting massacre just before the season started, and their unbridled style of play, to name a few.

I was lucky enough to attend a home game late in the regular season while I was in Vegas for some poker, and the way they make hockey into a total entertainment experience is something I will never forget.

I hope they are able to come out on top in this Cup Final Series, but I just hope the fans in Vegas truly understand how extraordinary a feat like that would be for an expansion team.

Go Knights!

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't see the first game. I looked at the match review after. It was an interesting game.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have to admit that when I saw the original roster of the Golden Knights, I figured they would be good for about 15-18 regular season wins, and never dreamed that they would even sniff the playoffs.

But as the season continued on, I became a big fan of the team - for a number of reasons. The fact that they worked well together as a "group of castoffs", the way they responded to the Vegas shooting massacre just before the season started, and their unbridled style of play, to name a few.

I was lucky enough to attend a home game late in the regular season while I was in Vegas for some poker, and the way they make hockey into a total entertainment experience is something I will never forget.

I hope they are able to come out on top in this Cup Final Series, but I just hope the fans in Vegas truly understand how extraordinary a feat like that would be for an expansion team.

Go Knights!

What do you think of the pre game 'show' Vegas Knights have for the playoffs?

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The playoff pre-game show is a little over the top, as many things in Vegas are, but at the same time the city is new to hockey and they're trying to make the game into an all-encompassing event and overall I like it.

I think a lot of the other arenas are going to take a page from what's happening in Vegas and step up their pre-game "entertainment level" - not to the level that Vegas is doing it (because really, what they are doing in Vegas only suits them) but more involved for sure

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The playoff pre-game show is a little over the top, as many things in Vegas are, but at the same time the city is new to hockey and they're trying to make the game into an all-encompassing event and overall I like it.

I think a lot of the other arenas are going to take a page from what's happening in Vegas and step up their pre-game "entertainment level" - not to the level that Vegas is doing it (because really, what they are doing in Vegas only suits them) but more involved for sure

In my opinion, the pre-game show was cool the first few times - I still like it, but it's a bit long now. When you include the introduction of the starting lineup and the singing of the National Anthem, with special guests, etc. they may need to change up the characters and story line just a bit. All of this is new to the city, so I'm pretty sure they will get even more creative as time goes on.

Their fan base seems to be increasing, too!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
last money I put on Vegas. so that will have to root for Vegas )))

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I liked the show before the first game.I hope Washington gets the Cup.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't see the game yet. I am looking at the match review now.

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas Top 10 Games