Kobe Bryant invited to WSOP Main Event

Noah31

Noah31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kobe Bryant was invited by the wsop to participate in this years Main Event in tribute to Dr. Jerry Buss. DR. Buss, who recently passed away, was an avid poker player and played in several Main Events. Kobe had to decline because of doctors ordersdue to his achilles injury.
Whats your thought?
Would you have liked to seen the mamba Vs the sharks?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...-declines-invitation-to-world-series-of-poker

I

inflnlte

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldve loved to seen it and I had a weird feeling he would go deep if he played lol.

R

rocksolidron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would of liked seeing him in the event i think more sports players should play the game not like they dont got the bankroll lol

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey... dead money is dead money.

A pool? I say he doesn't make the money.

-

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it necessary to be invited? Or does that mean the WSOP is paying his entry fee? Like he really needs that.

If a heel injury interferes with poker, that would be news. I have a whole foot out of commission right now and am pounding away at poker.

As for your real question, don't know anything about sharks and mambas. sorry

Noah31

Noah31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would of liked seeing him in the event i think more sports players should play the game not like they dont got the bankroll lol

I agree! Michael Phelps just played in an WSOP event. (I posted a thread on it) I always wanted to see Michael Jordan get more involved in poker. He's always been a big card player....Big gambler in general.

R3DRANG3R

R3DRANG3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bet he would play almost every hand lol

barracuuuda

barracuuuda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The blackmamba playing cards, thats gotta be awesome if it happened.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno....who cares? comes to mind.

Plus, it would be pretty awkward for him to be stuck at a table with 8 other people gawking, asking non-stop questions etc... for hours.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Is it necessary to be invited? Or does that mean the WSOP is paying his entry fee? Like he really needs that.
I'm guessing the WSOP was actually willing to have him playing it for free.

If a heel injury interferes with poker, that would be news. I have a whole foot out of commission right now and am pounding away at poker.
I didn't get that either. It may be a serious injury.

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kobe Bryant in the Main Event? He'd get raped.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see him in the main event. Have him at a feature table with Ivey, kidpoker, and get Lebron James to play who also plays a lot of poker.

X

xCipx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ii think it would b awesome. lol i dont really get y he cant play poker even with the torn ACL. last time i checked ur usually sitting down in a chair, and not standing up. so i think that couold just b a bad xcuse but o well would have been cool to see him there

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any type of publicity that poker can get is pretty much a good thing, especially if it involves famous athletes thinking that poker is cool.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to see Tiger Woods play in the WSOP.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see Tiger Woods play in the WSOP.

+1 that would be pretty sweet. I think they should make a high stakes poker show with half of the players being celebrities and the other half being pros.

U

unstoppable4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a Kobe fan and based on his competitiveness I would love to see him play after he retires. With his work ethic he could eventually be a very good player.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best players do not like to lose...why waste his time to promote for cashsuckers?

XDavidX808

XDavidX808

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure he will be out of his element. Unless he actively played with jerry when he was alive. I could see an all lakers homegame. Haha

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't love the game ,,,why would he want to play ??? Not to mention he probably wouldn't want to be embarrassed. Someone could embarrass me all they want, if they would pay my entry to the "Main Event" .

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be awesome to watch but I'm glad he's not playing. Focus on recovery and get back to the NBA, you can learn to play and play when you retire.

D

durrsfriend1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kobe Bryant was invited by the WSOP to participate in this years Main Event in tribute to Dr. Jerry Buss. DR. Buss, who recently passed away, was an avid poker player and played in several Main Events. Kobe had to decline because of doctors ordersdue to his achilles injury.
Whats your thought?
Would you have liked to seen the mamba Vs the sharks?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...-declines-invitation-to-world-series-of-poker

Of course, Kobe is such hero that he would study a few poker vids and know what to do under pressure/situations right away.

WSOP