John Cynn Wins 2018 WSOP Main Event, $8.8 Million After Historic Heads-Up Slugfest

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This was my favorite final table since 2009. Everybody played very well!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish an amateur can win the Big One for One Drop then we would all get rich

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was my favorite final table since 2009. Everybody played very well!

And I thought it was the best ever in terms of sportsmanship and camaraderie!

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was pretty amazing heads up match. I watched a lot of it was definitely a marathon longest heads up ever I think.... I like the way the champion, cynn,, seems so gracious at the end after he won also..... it was a real battle, they definitely both had a lot of endurance:)!!

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amazing heads up match. Congratulations to John Cynn

A

athenasgyn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
congratulations John Cynn

It was a long journey from Poker in Las Vegas ... The fight broke into a dawn and demanded large numbers of marathon players who broke the longest Final Table record in the history of the main event of the world series of poker with 442 contested hands. And after eleven and a half hours, world poker has its new champion.

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I would've been able to watch this. Sounds like they had a "slugfest" during the heads-up battle. Congrats John Cynn.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wish I would've been able to watch this. Sounds like they had a "slugfest" during the heads-up battle. Congrats John Cynn.

It seemed like the friendliest slugfest that I've ever seen! They genuinely seemed to like each other. :)

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I watched on TV, it was exciting and excellent poker. The TV schedule expected much shorter sessions....every session ran past their broadcast schedule, so I missed some of it….it was like the mens' semi-finals at Wimbledon and the Eveready bunny....just kept going and going.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats John Cynn! Great final table!

DefinitelyNOTaMurderer

DefinitelyNOTaMurderer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2018 WSOP

Overall what an exciting final table! I also was glad to see all of the players folding crap right away and not posturing over no brainers. Everyone stayed classy and at the end of it all the best man won. Tony Miles was a great story though, battling through addiction and going to detox but still perservering was very awesome! Another great main event!

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was really amazed how Dyer start Final table really short and fought back to finish 3rd for more than 3.5k just made me remeber what Cary Katz have done when he went down to 2 big blinds and then shipped the whole thing in PCA 2018

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was really amazed how Dyer start Final table really short and fought back to finish 3rd for more than 3.5k just made me remeber what Cary Katz have done when he went down to 2 big blinds and then shipped the whole thing in PCA 2018

Are you sure you meant Michael Dyer started the Final Table short stack? Michael was the overwhelming chip leader at the start of the Final Table if I remember right.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very boring ft... delayed

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very long heads up, incredible. Big money prize difference between 1st and 2nd, plus the title. Well done.

WSOP