Interesting fact

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is believed that poker has influenced the emergence of such a popular snack as sandwiches.
The Duke of Sandwich County (England), Sir John Montagu, was so addicted to card games that he ordered to serve on the table so that dinner would not distract him from the game. to make it easier to keep the cards and at the same time, he ordered servants to place meat between two pieces of bread; so there was a first sandwich .

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Montagu is not a first.
Before he was born, there was a cooking like sandwich.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I doubt it was poker. In those days, other card games were more semi-polar. Also, putting meat between a couple of pieces of bread or a flat cake must have been invented many, many thousands of years ago ...

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
presumably played preference:hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2::D

Denchik43RU

Denchik43RU

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an addiction, if you can not eat, you can not.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great historical information...

tamara skenderovic

tamara skenderovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is believed that poker has influenced the emergence of such a popular snack as sandwiches.
The Duke of Sandwich County (England), Sir John Montagu, was so addicted to card games that he ordered to serve on the table so that dinner would not distract him from the game. to make it easier to keep the cards and at the same time, he ordered servants to place meat between two pieces of bread; so there was a first sandwich .

It's true at least such a legend story..He love so much to play poker,the Earl was deep into a marathon poker game and couldn't be bothered to leave the gaming table for dinner. Amazing!:):)

tamara skenderovic

tamara skenderovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Btw in my city we have a store od The Lord Sandwich.Good taste of Sandwich :)

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An iconic moment in world history! Hah, that is an interesting fact/story though. I feel like Andrew is correct though in saying that it wasn't poker they were playing. I wouldn't know, I'm unfamiliar with the history of cards in that aspect, but would be curious to find out what/how they were actually playing back then

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very much I doubt that the sandwich was invented just then. Maybe just this product was given a new name.

T

tovar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But for the first time, a sandwich surfaced in the memoirs of Rabbi Hillel, who lived in the 1st century BC. Poverty and despair pushed him to the idea of putting between the flat cakes stuffing - apples, nuts, spices and bitter herbs. Flatbreads of those times did not absorb sauces, so the bread served as such an adaptation for the use of the filling.

P

palillo22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well now just pizza and fried chicken

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this Duke must have been a very fat man...)))
a lot of eating)))
:stupido:

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did poker exist then? And was he so popular?

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now we are at the poker tables eating rolls and pizza, it is not customary now to eat poker sandwiches if it is not online. as well as an interesting fact.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
t's true the way it was called the sandwich. The king was playing for a very long time and so as not to lose pace and keep playing he asked for something easy and quick to eat and that does not make him stop his game. Thus the name of the sandwich arose. But I doubt he has been playing poker ahahah. regards

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t's true the way it was called the sandwich. The king was playing for a very long time and so as not to lose pace and keep playing he asked for something easy and quick to eat and that does not make him stop his game. Thus the name of the sandwich arose. But I doubt he has been playing poker ahahah. regards
Well, maybe it was not poker but its initial form or another game.
many stories about poker and the whole truth are not aware of his birth[emoji23]

Z

Zima_Timofey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty interesting. Do you do this? Share your solutions with these examples? :)

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a curious fact. I usually drink coffee while playing poker.:cool:

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
nice .... I have already seen a lot of things that relate to poker outside the poker world .... such as the stock exchange, puzzle game, chess and administrative strategies .... now regarding creation in a fast and practical way of feeding, its a surprise for me

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be good if the refrigerator is near where the computer is.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, but when was mayonnaise invented??

MolleyVideo1876

MolleyVideo1876

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Lol, cool, how can we improve on this, nutition is afterall is very important given the dedication one puts in to online poker.