How come they don't live stream the WSOP final table?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How come there are no live streams from wsop.com this and where can i go and get live streams of wsop final tabels.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Central has acquired the rights to live stream the WSOP. It is a paid service called PokerGo and has multiple subscription offers, see more at https://www.pokergo.com/

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's 10$ a month, they started their coverage with Super high Roller bowl. I would defiantly advise subscribing during the WSOP as they have some cool events lined up with hole cards and really cool guest commentators. They boast that they will have 100 days of live poker action throughout the year and you can also subscribe on a yearly basis to save a little money. I opted for the monthly subscription because I am a little weary of there year long coverage although I imagine it should be pretty awesome.

M

madisonsdad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too opted for the monthly subscription for pretty much the same reason.I want to see if they'll have enough live coverage and new features to warrant a larger subscription.

The coverage of the wsop has been pretty good so far, my only complaint if there is any, is that it seems like we are getting less coverage of final tables this year than we did last year when wsop.com was doing the streaming for free (if I remember correctly they only took 4 days off) this year we have to pay, and do get some extended coverage of some select tournaments but overall less tournaments and less final tables or so it seems.

I'm still glad for any live coverage what so ever, so I'd still recommend it to anyone who might be curious , but I hope if they continue with this service in years to come that they will produce more live content and show more of the various final table action at the wsop considering they are making people pay for it.

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm not wrong I think pokerstars always live stream it, at least the ones I've been interested into watch, had been streamed by Pokerstars. :)

J

juancarlos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but u need to pay for it .. 12 doll monthly

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How come there are no live streams from wsop.com this and where can i go and get live streams of wsop final tabels.

The answer is that with the cost cutting at ESPN they can no longer subsidize the expense of live streaming events. Will the Poker Central pay-to-view model be the answer, time will tell.

Cheers!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer is that with the cost cutting at ESPN they can no longer subsidize the expense of live streaming events. Will the Poker Central pay-to-view model be the answer, time will tell.

Cheers!

I'm interested as well in how it's going to turn out. Live streaming certainly has been extremely popular the last few years, but until now, has not been monetized. It's no surprise that it is finally being monetized, but now successful it will be, like BiliousBetil said, will be determined in time. It may take a year or two, but there is definitely an appetite to watch poker on your TV/multimedia device.

I remember hooking up my Laptop to my HDTV to watch Jason Somerville do the commentary at the Aussie Millions, and the picture quality was amazing, his commentary being top notch as well. But I now have Chromecast so I can watch Twitch right on my TV without having to hook up my laptop (of course it helps having unlimited monthly bandwidth), though admittedly, I have had little to no time to watch because I'm in the gym 6-7 days a week bright and early so I'm in bed early these days.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too opted for the monthly subscription for pretty much the same reason.I want to see if they'll have enough live coverage and new features to warrant a larger subscription.

The coverage of the wsop has been pretty good so far, my only complaint if there is any, is that it seems like we are getting less coverage of final tables this year than we did last year when wsop.com was doing the streaming for free (if I remember correctly they only took 4 days off) this year we have to pay, and do get some extended coverage of some select tournaments but overall less tournaments and less final tables or so it seems.

I'm still glad for any live coverage what so ever, so I'd still recommend it to anyone who might be curious , but I hope if they continue with this service in years to come that they will produce more live content and show more of the various final table action at the wsop considering they are making people pay for it.

Hi. Now that we're a few more weeks in what do you think of the coverage? I've been a little disappointed with some of what is and isn't covered...and communication when something not on the original schedule is added...

All in all though I think it definitely beats not having any coverage at all...and other than occasionally having to restart the stream I haven't had any technical difficulties.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, need youtube live or whatever livestream from WSOP.

reading the text version of updates does not have so much detail, eg , emotion, tell, table talk, so much fun missed.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, need youtube live or whatever livestream from WSOP.

reading the text version of updates does not have so much detail, eg , emotion, tell, table talk, so much fun missed.

Agree.

GrouxLive

GrouxLive

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have PokerGO and will be cancelling it after the main event. They do not even stream the WSOP Main Event after the dinner break, leaving off 3-5 hours of game play every day. What is the point of paying a premium for a service that only gives you part of what it promises?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'm feeling old now LOL - back when I used to actively follow the series, that was the only way to get live updates on the WSOP :p

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they do live stream it on PokerGo .. and they have a lot of hours on ESPN

A

Aparajit

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its live on youtube... search on youtube and custom search to LIVE. :)

Enjoy

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Videos like these will eventually get reported and taken down to copyright claims.

I watched it before potential get removed:D

think it is still OK to watch, so anyone need to watch it, just be quick!

WSOP Organize a Home Poker Game