Here's a chance to beat Phil Galfond headsup

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not me, this is light years above my stakes. Although I did see a post on twitter earlier this week where I believe Bill Perkins has agreed to this and they are setting up a match with Bill or a Thirst Lounge member vs Phil Galfond either way I reckon that would be an epic watch on twitch.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sounds interesting, but it feels like it is getting a little 'throw anything at the wall and see what sticks'.

Galfond and his backers underestimated what it would take to get an alternative poker site up and running. I don't quite understand how intelligent people with a real grasp of business could do so, to be frank.

Just recently, Galfond had to secure permission to play on his own site to draw traffic. Apparently it did to some degree. Prior to this the site was poorly trafficked and losing money (I would speculate it still is). It's something of a fraught situation but I think I would have been more engaged with it if Phil Galfond had simply (prior to owning a site) had made the challenge independently.

Galfond is obviously a world class player and a good guy so I hope it draws traction to the site to help it prosper, but I'm a little worried this might all be for naught and Run it Once ends up a cautionary tale- I hope not.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMGClayAiken challenge!

Phil Galfond is fantastic to watch live online on his twitch channel. He just started his own "Durrr" challenge, more or less looking to play high stakes against anyone for marathon sessions. I love that he used the name OMGClayAiken because he thought it was a name people wouldn't like to lose to,("not your a typical macho name"). I recommend you check him out, especially if your looking to improve your game in Omaha. He has a laid back personality and is very affable.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I wanna see how this is going to end . Definetely I hope and believe not like the Durrrr chalenge lol

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Galfond is the only player in the world I would decline headsup.

Give me anyone else.

On a side note it would be fun if Cardschat can organise a headsup event with him seeing he is a member of forum.

Last edited:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Galfond & Zorba are the only players in the world I would decline headsup.

Give me anyone else.

On a side note it would be fun if Cardschat can organise a headsup event with him seeing he is a member of forum.

FYP, your welcome. :)

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Probably true as Z may want me to fix problems like these if I loose.

main-qimg-cea956d835e64db091630073f70af123

FYP, your welcome. :)

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Previously, i often watched his game when he was online. But now i play from the tablet and can’t even find a single player from the Pro team )))

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Galfond is fantastic to watch live online on his twitch channel. He just started his own "Durrr" challenge, more or less looking to play high stakes against anyone for marathon sessions. I love that he used the name OMGClayAiken because he thought it was a name people wouldn't like to lose to,("not your a typical macho name"). I recommend you check him out, especially if your looking to improve your game in Omaha. He has a laid back personality and is very affable.

Thank U 4 Posting

I too will be watching Phil on twitch. He has very good insights and an excellent demeanor.
While he is not your typical yell in the mic/ poker beast pretender he is very confident and skilled and we all can learn to be better player just listening to him. Hi ability think through a hand out loud live is unrivaled. He shares so much insight live that it is like a master class in deep analysis in real time.

For anyone who wants to be great at poker just watch him play and try to think through his hands with him. It does not matter that it is omaha as he is walking you through how to get into the thought patterns of his villains. You can use those skills live or online in any version of poker that you play.

:):)