millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Phil Hellmuth sells his home in Las Vegas for $ 430,000 (well above the recommended market price), and to save on realtors, he just posted an ad on Twitter.

I wonder why he would sellScreenshot 80

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Phil Hellmuth sells his home in Las Vegas for $ 430,000 (well above the recommended market price), and to save on realtors, he just posted an ad on Twitter.

I wonder why he would sell

So someone from Cardchat would buy it :cool:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I wonder why he would sellView attachment 273867

FYI...Phil is not "saving on realtors".

On his twitter page he says he hired Karina Jett to sell it.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeps Karina Jett is or was a poker pro and a real estate agent.
I think Phil wants to sell it because of the c-crisis.
I dont think he is busto, it is just the best thing to do nowadays.
Maybe he finds a rich fanboy on twitter and sells for a good prize and if not, he sells for a lower price to the general public.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil's not stupid,,,because of covid,vegas will never be the same. $$

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not only is Las Vegas never going to be the same, but the coronavirus crisis is just winding up and Phil probably has a safer place to live elsewhere.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the home where his "in"famous topless shot was taken, fwiw. :D

Surely that has to mean SOMETHING in terms of curb appeal, right????

Phil Hellmuth

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How many homes does he own? I'd be guessing quite a few and I'd also guess that at $430k, this is one of the cheaper/est ones.

Apparently his principal residence in Palo Alto Calif. is worth ~$8 million.

Last edited:
Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DNegs

Not only is Las Vegas never going to be the same, but the coronavirus crisis is just winding up and Phil probably has a safer place to live elsewhere.

I guess that's why Daniel Negreanu is in mexico on GGPoker. Vegas just can't catch a break. :(

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A logical decision because of the break.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Helmuth visited Mexico a few days ago for the wsop main event. But he busted on Day 2. Not sure how much he's worth these days. But 430k is probably small money for him.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
possibly real estate prices in vegas are falling and its time to move on

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm not mistaken DNegs plays from Mexico coz online poker isn't allowed in most of US states

Well he is in Mexico because the GG poker series is going on and GG Poker does not allow US players on there site. So you are sort of correct. I believe he is coming back to Vegas after that series is over.

R

roguelikeme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The internet doesn't suggest Phil's ever lived-lived in Las Vegas (everybody just arrives, eats their complimentary shrimp cocktails, and leaves) so I guess he has this house as his Las Vegas house, so he doesn't have to stay in hotels. And doesn't foresee himself going back to Las Vegas in the near future to have cash wrapped up in it.

Interesting though...

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He's one of my favorites. Like others suggest I wouldn't put much into it.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think as a society, we are just a horrible bunch of people. I believe social media bears much but not all of the blame. People will "see" something and first reaction is "WooHoo" is this something negative happening to someone. I often wonder, is it because many people are not comfortable with their own life that they love some bad news about another??

I will say CC is not as bad as most other forums. No one hear posted Yes, he must be busto , but it has happened elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I am far from a perfect human. But Wow, if we keep moving in this direction, in a few generations things will be awful.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think as a society, we are just a horrible bunch of people. I believe social media bears much but not all of the blame. People will "see" something and first reaction is "WooHoo" is this something negative happening to someone. I often wonder, is it because many people are not comfortable with their own life that they love some bad news about another??

I will say CC is not as bad as most other forums. No one hear posted Yes, he must be busto , but it has happened elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I am far from a perfect human. But Wow, if we keep moving in this direction, in a few generations things will be awful.

I'm pretty sure he is not 'busto' but I think I understand that the first impression to reading the heading is to think perhaps he needs the money? I doubt that very much. It's not a house I would be interested in buying (it needs an overhaul in my opinion) but he likely just wants to unload it or perhaps he has other accomodation arrangements when in Las Vegas.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty sure he is not 'busto' but I think I understand that the first impression to reading the heading is to think perhaps he needs the money? I doubt that very much. It's not a house I would be interested in buying (it needs an overhaul in my opinion) but he likely just wants to unload it or perhaps he has other accomodation arrangements when in Las Vegas.

Of course, I was NOT referring to you Shells :D You are almost always positive and have a much more optimistic view of the world than I do!!!;)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe one of the builders of this house beat Phil with bad beat?:D

Severo junior

Severo junior

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth

I think that someone paying a property over market value, just to mention that this house belonged to a celebrity, in the case Phil Hellmuth

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think this is a smart move by him given how much press and followers that he have. I bet he can market this to more people than a realtor could have.

Just wondering. How do you know that he is selling it above the market price?

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas