GGPoker released the WSOP schedule and some are less than pleased

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GGPoker released what turned out to be a controversial WSOP Online Bracelet Series schedule on Friday.
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Do you think the poker players have a reason to be upset?
[/FONT]
Highs and Lows of GGPoker’s WSOP Online Bracelet Series Schedule; Controversial $25M Main Event

Upset? Well - it's different for sure.

No mixed games? That is different.

Be prepared for tons of Twitter rants about online being rigged during the wsop.

Maybe even lawsuits.

But honestly - WSOP is doing the best they can with a bad COVID situation.

Good luck everyone !

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Upset? Well - it's different for sure.

No mixed games? That is different.

Be prepared for tons of Twitter rants about online being rigged during the WSOP.

Maybe even lawsuits.

But honestly - WSOP is doing the best they can with a bad situation.

Good luck everyone !

There were indeed a number or Twitter rants from what I could tell. It's true, the WSOP is doing the best they can in a bad situation - sometimes people forget the times we live in right now.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WSOP and Americans can not play seems strange times we live in for sure,
Can understand though the amount of rebuys allowed might be needed to meet those huge prize guarantees.
Might even play a few smaller buy in events this year as travel expenses not necessary for me on a positive note.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WSOP and Americans can not play seems strange times we live in for sure,
Can understand though the amount of rebuys allowed might be needed to meet those huge prize guarantees.
Might even play a few smaller buy in events this year as travel expenses not necessary for me on a positive note.

So I've been thinking about this.

Americans can play on WSOP.

If you were going to fly out to Vegas to play the live events - then you can still fly out to play the online events. And you can stay anywhere in NV or NJ. That is even more flexible!

Do I have that right?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unsure being hosted online Mike maybe your right for WSOP online and not GGPoker but article said Quote,
Another downside to the GGPoker series is that US players are excluded unless they travel outside the country.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive never played anykind of this level of poker.
Im thinking about this Big 50 tournament... is this a good idea?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One would think they'd come up with a schedule that somewhat resembled the REAL WSOP events... maybe scaled down some of the buyins 'or' have a micro for each event (ie. the $5,000 6max event.... hold an additional $500 6max, & a $50 6max 'at the same time'... but only offer the bracelet for the $5k)
And to have bracelets awarded but only for the full buyin events, ones that are $2k + buyin. (and maybe one for a $1k.. millionaire maker or something like that).

Just seems like they could've come up with something much better. :(

I supposed I had some pretty high expectations for this... seeing as it's the WSOP!!!
... and that Main Event... wtf? $5k buyin, 21 day 1's :(

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it will help the online sites or if there are to many problems it could kill online poker.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GG just got hit with a massive bot accusation. Wonder what will happen to the interest level now. There is an opportunity for online poker to become more accepted worldwide during this pandemic... if the sites don't f**k it up.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi. I think everyone should still be careful against the virus, because a bracelet or some money will not be useful after death by coronavirus.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not WSOP bracelets should be awarded for these tournaments? The schedule is not going to change but am I wrong that this 'new' online bracelet series seems to have little resemblance to the 'Live' events? or maybe that was the intent anyway? There may not be a live series this year, given the current state of the USA battling Covid-19, so this could be it for the year....just typing out loud.

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can GGpoker really not upgrade its room to the limit, with this step they could catch PS at once

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just think it is ridiculous that the WSOP, which is a great American event and has such a rich history and tradition, can't allow Americans to actually play in it! Come on US government, legalize this great game already!!! It's time.

WSOP