Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop/2018-wsop/event-16-10000-heads-up/chips.210730.htm

https://www.twitter.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1004497905988747264

hellmuth posted this hand on twitter thinking that everyone would agree that he got extremely unlucky with AA.

but instead almost everyone is mocking him for shoving 165 bb in bad shape.

there was even a player offering coaching.

I mean, the guy is a jerk sometimes, but i feel bad for him being humiliated by his fellow poker players.

It was a TERRIBLE play! One that 1c/2c players aren't going to make. Why did he EVER post that hand on Twitter? (do you really think they'd think how unlucky he was... because if this is the case then he should get an even more brutal lashing). He couldn't play the hand any worse than he did. It makes ZERO sense! ... and this is supposed to be the 'best' player in the entire world? One who charges 1.80 markup earlier this week. I don't know if he'd sold shares in this event but if he had & you'd bought a piece of him, how would you feel about THAT play there with AA for 165bb? (he's NEVER getting called by worse)

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't

I don't feel sorry for him because he seems to dish it out way to often to his fellow poker players.

B

B1961579

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Shrops. No reason to feel sorry for him. He was stupid enough to post that god-awful play for all the world to see. It was just inviting all this criticism. And yes, he is always quick to trash-talk the play of others. What goes around....

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just more of the same crying for phil,lol at his hand and the way he played it-top poker pro whatttttttttttttttttt.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he is who he is, but i have watched few games when i felt sorry for him

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those AA after flop going all in is crazy most cases. The more videos I watched he loose like a fish but still holds a records. I really didnt understand :(

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hellmuth kinda plays suspect. always said it.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a bit hard to feel sorry for him when he is so openly critical of other players. It's hard to tell how much of that is honestly how he thinks vs. how much is just his schtick.

Either way, posting this hand online was pretty much just inviting the responses he's getting.

He's been bragging about getting Daniel Negraneau set up with coaches, so it's probably karma that he's being offered coaching!

R

RobQQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Helmuth is a jerk

I use to play against him at Ultimate Bet when they were still around lol

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never did like Helmuth he's a trash talking over rated player in my opinion. It must be nice to have money to blow on luck. He's twerp so I don't feel sorry for him

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never really felt sorry for him, but his theatrics do amuse me.

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt Phil has it coming...you sow it you reap it; but, all that said, Hellmuth has been great for poker. He's entertaining, He's a showman. He gets ratings. And sometimes you love to hate the guy.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He will make money in other tournaments at the wsop events. I don't feel bad for him at all. I think it is funny that someone gave him advice on poker.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It was a TERRIBLE play! One that 1c/2c players aren't going to make. Why did he EVER post that hand on Twitter? (do you really think they'd think how unlucky he was... because if this is the case then he should get an even more brutal lashing). He couldn't play the hand any worse than he did. It makes ZERO sense! ... and this is supposed to be the 'best' player in the entire world? One who charges 1.80 markup earlier this week. I don't know if he'd sold shares in this event but if he had & you'd bought a piece of him, how would you feel about THAT play there with AA for 165bb? (he's NEVER getting called by worse)
so you think he played badly??? how would you have played it??? now your'e going to say you would have layed down the aces......??

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did he even think this was worthy of sympathy? I'm so confused, did he think the guy would lay down bottom set? going from a 3k raise to 50k re-raise is amateur level stuff, what was he thinking?

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
It's next level trolling or something. Just so bad to ever think you are getting called there and are in good shape.

O

Ocanadarebel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop/2018-wsop/event-16-10000-heads-up/chips.210730.htm

https://www.twitter.com/phil_hellmuth/status/1004497905988747264

hellmuth posted this hand on twitter thinking that everyone would agree that he got extremely unlucky with AA.

but instead almost everyone is mocking him for shoving 165 bb in bad shape.

there was even a player offering coaching.

I mean, the guy is a jerk sometimes, but i feel bad for him being humiliated by his fellow poker players.

Hellmuth strikes me as someone who is constantly looking for his past glory. Shoving in with AA early is just one example. Look, we all do it but just like a penalty kick only scores about 7 out of 9 instances, I would guess AA online only scores 6 out of 9 instances....maybe less so shoving in when you don't need to is hazardous

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a 2.20 cent buy in for 2k gtd., I could see that play. But for 100k heads up no way, slow it down there phil. That auto raise was definitely fold city, but again I may have done the same thing on accident, LOL. A guy 2.5x raised, he had ak. I had 88. board flipped AK8. He bets, I raise, we all in. He hits a river k. Just poker folks. But lately I have been running bad when I call and have better hand, been getting hit on the river a lot lately. That could end soon...

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont feel bad for him either. Hes a jerk to most players at the tables.

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard he is actually a nice guy. Does charity poker tournaments in the midwest. only catch is he is expensive

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Helmut has always been and remains a good player, but behaves like a big child. I think he put up a good show, just bad luck.

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like this guy. So many times i watched him been disrespectful with other players.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All I can say is like or hate the guy he's getting done what he wants. He's drawing attention to himself and has people talking about him.

If 99.9 of us in here made the same move or even sniffed out the set and folded no one would say a damn thing.