Fernando Habegger will not be facing Phil Galfond

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL! Very funny... Nice way to get out of it.

How did I waste my time reading this? Title should have warned me.Trust your instinct is also a good moto for articles :p

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Really disappointing.

I was neutral over the Doug Polk debacle (I followed JNandez prior to his involvement with Polk to a degree), it was hard to conclude who was the 'honest' party regarding the coaching/falling out incident.

However, at this point, JNandez cannot possibly pose he was not aware of who Galfond was or the level of his Omaha play...that's two strikes in a very public manner, so credibility for me is shredded.

The good thing is Galfond and Dan Cates should be epic.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely pretty lame to accept without fully thinking it through first! My guess is that one or more of his backers pulled out and he quit for that reason.

Phil Galfond must also be incredibly confident in his HUPLO edge. Playing 50k hands against multiple opponents is obviously a huge time commitment. To offer 5:1 odds on a side bet at the same time ... he must think he's close to a lock to win these. Should make for great poker if Jungle and others follow through!

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'm disappointed :( And agree 100% with what DS3 said.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. he realized that Galfond´s level was better than his and it was so risky to play that heads up..Really disappointing.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely pretty lame to accept without fully thinking it through first! My guess is that one or more of his backers pulled out and he quit for that reason.

Phil Galfond must also be incredibly confident in his HUPLO edge. Playing 50k hands against multiple opponents is obviously a huge time commitment. To offer 5:1 odds on a side bet at the same time ... he must think he's close to a lock to win these. Should make for great poker if Jungle and others follow through!

Yes, the possibility of backers pulling out also had not occurred to me. Good point.

The Daniel Cates contest should be absorbing.

Obviously Jungleman went at it with Tom Dwan and was pulling ahead in their challenge....but then I was not sure how much Omaha/PLO Jungleman had played. There are clips of him playing Omaha but on his Hendon Mob all his tournament gains are NLHE and now Short Deck, and obviously he is renowned for his heads up NLHE play.

I'd still give a considerable edge to Phil Galfond but it will be cracking to watch. Have they announced any time frame or commencement date yet?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, the possibility of backers pulling out also had not occurred to me. Good point.

The Daniel Cates contest should be absorbing.

Obviously Jungleman went at it with Tom Dwan and was pulling ahead in their challenge....but then I was not sure how much Omaha/PLO Jungleman had played. There are clips of him playing Omaha but on his Hendon Mob all his tournament gains are NLHE and now Short Deck, and obviously he is renowned for his heads up NLHE play.

I'd still give a considerable edge to Phil Galfond but it will be cracking to watch. Have they announced any time frame or commencement date yet?

I have not yet seen anything regarding a date for any of the upcoming Headsup competitions but I'm sure we will have info as soon as it is announced.