Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
and the Oscar goes to... (?)

Upswing Poker founder, Doug Polk, posted a series of tweets claiming the GPI Awards are 'rigged'.The Global Poker Awards will take place at the PokerGo Studio in Las Vegas on Mar. 6. Does Doug have a point?

Doug Polk Feels Slighted By Global Poker Awards Snuff

Hello there Shells, good evening! Thank you for sharing this good news with the poker community.
Now, Doug Polk is one of my favorites poker players, just because he has an awesome output of didatic videos at YouTube. Of course he is analysing high stakes but many things he says, if adapted to the reality of medium and low stakes, are rocket:

"Doug Polk wasn’t active on the felt in 2019, but he certainly was on YouTube. The three-time WSOP bracelet winner posted numerous hand analysis, interviews, and opinion-based videos. Like many in the poker industry, he also tackled the Mike Postle cheating scandal relentlessly" (by Jon Sofen)

It is strange that Doug Polk get so much popularity and the support of the vox populi, millions of followers who watch their videos eagerly, and not even be nominated. IMO, he deserves not only a nomination but several prizes for his great work as an YouTuber, producer and out of the line poker player. Good luck for him, let's hope he gets what he deserves for working so hard to the poker community!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry,but didt't Doug retire? :hmmmm: As for his video's,,,every second one is blaming D-neg for all of poker's problems and sure enough,he's to blame for him "Not" being nominated,,,, his act is tired n old,,,,,, :wavey:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like very much Doug , although he is not playing nowadays , his poker videos are awesome . I would like to see him nominated for an award , cause his videos and the views he has show that he deserves it more than some others imo :)

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked Doug’s videos, instructional notes, but he stopped, now pushes his upswing poker non stop. It’s a bit tiring and now I don’t even go looking for his stuff.