Doug Polk Announces in New YouTube Video: ‘I’m Not Gonna Play Poker Anymore’

D

dbguimaraes87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He wasn´t playing much poker this year and I think he will focus at the cryptocurrency world and his pokersite training.

He is a great player and I hope he will come back to play in the future or at least continue to make poker videos on Youtube.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's a smart guy! He's young and millionaire, he has no reason to study/play poker for hours and more hours anymore.

Doug Polk, enjoy the life!

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We will see if he can stay away. I know he has been stating he wants to focus on the mainstream news type YouTube channel. I think that's a great idea but he will have to work a bit to build his non poker playing audience. I mean if you don't play poker or dabble in crypto currency do you really know who Doug Polk is??

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bet Doug is back playing in the next 5 years at some level...

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well he's made so many millions from poker and he's only 29 I think. I think it's only normal that he gets interested in other things and doesn't want to play poker full-time anymore LOL he said he wasn't done for good though he would probably come back and still play some from time to time which I think he probably will also

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope he will come back to play in the future or at least continue to make poker videos on Youtube.
If he is not playing anymore, if he is not "in the game" do you think the poker training/videos that he does in the future will be relevant?

If you don't use it, you lose it.... just sayin'!

NeZlo4

NeZlo4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/news/doug-polk-retirement-youtube-video-71319

Let's hope Doug isn't away from the poker tables too long.

I'd be sorry if he left poker. I hope to switch to something else, rest and come back .
Because I really like to watch his video, where he does parsing hands. Since English is not my native language, I find it difficult to watch videos without subtitles. And he has them and they are not automatic, and recorded manually.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO is he closing upswing too and giving up all money avenues from poker or just quit playing. Seems all the greats dont want to play much and just sell what they know. Just sort of verifies how hard online poker is these days that crushing skills dont crush as hard when everyone knows the tricks then its just volume looking for games that the RNG likes you

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
SO is he closing upswing too and giving up all money avenues from poker or just quit playing. Seems all the greats dont want to play much and just sell what they know. Just sort of verifies how hard online poker is these days that crushing skills dont crush as hard when everyone knows the tricks then its just volume looking for games that the RNG likes you

If I remember right, I don't think he mentioned anything about Upswing. I honestly believe some of the poker pros do not know how to take time off, to keep poker fresh for them. This could be some of the issue with Doug, don't really know - after all, he is sooooo young to give up on everything he has built so far. Of course, this is just my opinion. :)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd be sorry if he left poker. I hope to switch to something else, rest and come back .
Because I really like to watch his video, where he does parsing hands. Since English is not my native language, I find it difficult to watch videos without subtitles. And he has them and they are not automatic, and recorded manually.

Doug has so much personality and yes it would be sad to see him leave everything poker. Time will tell, I suppose.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I figure Doug has better opportunities elsewhere than earning rake for houses and sites.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doug Polk is well known on the web. I already had the opportunity to see some of these videos. he must surely have good reasons to stop playing but it is always sad to attend the end of an adventure.

Kooljackai

Kooljackai

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he was on twitch streaming poker earlier this week fyi for those posting 'today' about the stopping.

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what Doug said. I also know that for the moment he is up to his eyeballs in other stuff that is fairly important to him. But, I really, really doubt that he is out of poker forever. Poker is in Doug's blood, right down to his DNA. I predict that Doug will be in and out of poker for a little while, if that has not already happened. So, don't say, "goodbye" to Doug quite yet, just say "good luck" on his other ventures. And, when he does return to competition, which I am absolutely sure he will, after a little time with his new ventures, and after a little rest, let's just say, "Welcome home.":):):)

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He likely played 5 minutes after making that statement .. LOL !

Poker players can't stop playing poker ...

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was spotted playing $1K NLHE at Aria. Good thing he is back in the mixed, but I think it was just for his poker site. Doug will have to come back to poker.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m not surprised after what Daniel Ng. Did to him in the 300K buy in tournament, Pat