Doc Sands tested positive for Covid-19

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read his Twitter thread. Interesting he was someone who has been in the "paranoid" camp but that behavior hadn't protected him. I think he will be OK with his family, follow his twitter. The story he describes shows that the virus is not so dangerous for a middle age person.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wish Doc Sands all the best.

Naturally, being young he should not be at serious risk. However the alarming aspect is how he contracted (no idea) and how the virus is now spreading further through this local area (at best) as yet unchecked.

For those interested there was an extremely well written article in the NY Times a few days ago 'Italy, Pandemic’s New Epicenter, Has Lessons for the World' about how the Italian government failed at every early stage to implement measures to counter the virus. They are now facing the horrifying consequences. Unfortunately the US government has virtually mirrored the Italian government regarding inaction through the early stages.

I hope differences in lifestyle and culture will naturally inhibit the spreading of the virus in the US, but it will be touch and go. The most effective measure to have gotten on top of the crisis in the first place was mass testing as early as possible - a measure most European countries and America failed to put in place.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sad news.:eek: Health to him.