Daniel vs Doug in a Heads Up battle

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should be a great game but i think Daniel will win he is great at heads up.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like such a long silly feud. Only wish they were playing for more $$. HU4ROLLZ

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am so unreasonably psyched for this. I think Polk probably has the edge, but it's going to be a hell of a show if there's a way to watch their tables.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, it looks like this is mostly Doug taking shots at Daniel over the years. Daniel has never really engaged him in the back and forth. As for when they do play, Doug has the edge. If you read Daniel's blog (link is below), he makes the following points that I wanted to highlight here:

Doug's specialty is HUNL, Daniel hasn't really studied it in depth.
Doug's specialty is on the internet, cash game format, where blinds don't change.

You HAVE to think that Doug will have people watching Daniel's play and picking his game apart to give Doug an even bigger edge.

That being said, it should make for must-see Poker TV.

https://fullcontactpoker.com/why-ive-accepted-the-challenge/

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be a very interesting confrontation. I wonder who will take on the role of the obvious aggressor in this heads-up. I think it is the Hyper aggressive style that will bring success in this game, I am sure that the distance will be decent, since these two players will not agree to a quick denouement and will not want to admit their defeat.:fight:

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking forward to it, seems like there’s more than just a poker title at stake, should make for an interesting match indeed

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any info about the fixed date?

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Battle of the egos. You can almost smell the Testosterone.

R

rasam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont care who wins but i dont like doug :d

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Will be an interesting story although the end results will be much less important as they don't really tell you something more than what happened between 2 poker opponents playing a specific format at a specific set of blinds for a set amount of hands. Daniel has always been a more likeable personality while Doug always seems to be a more polarizing figure who doesn't really seem to be trying to make the world a better place as his larger end game goal.

odds are likely that Doug will win but I'll be cheering for Daniel.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm backing DNegs 100%, Polk's a chump.

Really hope to be able to watch!

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am also backing DNegs. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing the match.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We're in for a snorefest.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wonder if they are going to get staked, or use their own cash? Is their 'feud' for real, or is it a marketing ploy? Hope it isn't a long drawn-out event...

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Timing is everything. If this match happened would have happened two years ago, then this would be super exciting. Now, I can only think why is this happening, and does it really matter now. I remember Doug leaving so why come back for an old feud with Dnegs. Just weird.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think it'd be that interesting since doug isn't in the poker scene anymore but would love to see him annhilate negreanu.

Cyberia

Cyberia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another TV show, waitin for badbeats.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I look forward to hearing the details of this HU duel , when it is going to happen . i hope Doug take it down ,
lol , maybe Doug says sth about him , Daniel goes crazy and smash his teeth or break him an****y , you never know , now that Daniel has a built body , with or without testosterones , he is on tension , ready to go on berserk . Doug should take some precautions , hire some bodyguards , maybe let them wear t-shirts with slogans for the breaking teeth , bullying , a**l breaking thing , lol ....

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Love both these guys.
Doug's Upswing poker training site is great.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking forward to see this clash of big players

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm looking forward to this, as well. I guess we will have to wait till the wsop online series has completed and stay tuned as to when this challenge will be scheduled - sounds like later in September to early October.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Battle to watch

I believe daniel will be the better player by far but this is a heads up match witch in the end i think luck will play a big role in who wins. That said i would put my money on daniel i think Polk is washed up and out already.

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game is Polk's specialty so he should win. I have no doubt that Daniel will hire a coach and get up to speed fast to make it a good match. I'd bet on Polk but rooting for DNegs.