Daniel Negreanu & Liv Boeree will try their hand in chess on this sunday october 14.

BlackMember

BlackMember

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu & Liv Boeree will try their hand in chess on this sunday october 14.

https://www.chess.com/news/view/pok...eree-to-play-hand-and-brain-chess-this-sunday

464220.f61a9592.630x354o.10a7ed81cc52.png

PokerStars ambassadors will try their hand at chess this Sunday as six-time bracelet winner Daniel Negreanu and Raising for Effective Giving founder Liv Boeree will play with IM Danny Rensch andWGM Jennifer Shahade.
The two poker pros will team up with the two chess masters to play a "hand and brain" match onSunday, Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. PDT (4 p.m. EDT). Watch the match live on Twitch.tv/chess orTwitch.tv/pokerstars.

Which poker pro and chess master team do you think will win?

Robin Moura

Robin Moura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will be fun, because chess is a strategy game just like poker, and see great players and an inspiration

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm putting my money on Liv Boeree. Good luck to Daniel Negreanu, though!

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"Interesting" ...as Spock would say.

Thanks for posting this event and I will look forward to seeing also!

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...on his wsop vlog daniel was playing chess,maybe he is good .....thanks darrell

B

Benego

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, this will be fun, I love Daniel

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be interesting to watch this game live and see these poker legends in real life! I do not particularly like to play chess, but I love checkers!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The team of chess masters will win, but I think the team of poker masters will give a good fight, I think it will be very interesting from the point of view of the show, it's Negreanu and Boeri

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As everyone has said, this should be interesting! :laugh:

I don't play chess but from what I understand, it's a pure strategic game with no luck factor involved unlike poker. So in theory, a grandmaster chess player will beat a beginner 100% of the time whereas in poker, we all know that's not the case!! :D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Liv won 2-0 :) It was a sad display of chess by Daniel n Liv,,,, little knowledge and no feel for the great game.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

PokerStars ambassadors will try their hand at chess this Sunday as six-time bracelet winner Daniel Negreanu and Raising for Effective Giving founder Liv Boeree will play with IM Danny Rensch andWGM Jennifer Shahade.
The two poker pros will team up with the two chess masters to play a "hand and brain" match onSunday, Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. PDT (4 p.m. EDT). Watch the match live on Twitch.tv/chess orTwitch.tv/pokerstars.

Which poker pro and chess master team do you think will win?
Yehhhh LIV!!!! you go girl!!! kick butt

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As YungWan said, there is absolutely no luck involved in chess. So the skill level between a IM and a WGM is massive. The handicap of the chess pros only being able to tell the poker pros which specific piece to move but not where to move it is an interesting twist. But in the end the International Master should always beat a Womens Grand Master at regular chess.. which is what happened even with the twist. Really cool to see though!

Edit: Forgot to mention that Women Grand Master is a title that is NOT equal to Grand Master... it is gained by a rating of 2300 or more for a woman (a true Grand Master must win 3 tourneys against other National Masters, then win 3 tourneys against other IMs to gain this title). I agree with a lot of people in the chess world that this title is misleading and implies that women are not as good as chess as men. I don't agree with that at all. There should be no distinction between women masters and men masters. It perpetuates the myth that women are bad at math.

Last edited:
Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i m sure he s good at chess , but not sure if he can bluff at it

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands