Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk finally face off

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UnFortunately haven't seen poker Go for a while. Good luck you all that will be there....!!!

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Now i have:call2::call2::call2::turtle::turtle::turtle: :icon_king :icon_king

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There certainly was a bit of frost between seat 1 and seat 2! I found it interesting that Doug Polk was willing to take off his shirt with the Upswing Poker patch (promoting his company) to needle Daniel Negreanu. I never did see him switch the patch to the tshirt.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The audio for the player mics was not working on PokerGo while Daniel/Doug were sitting next to each other. Doug's shirt definitely needled Daniel. Daniel took the high road most of the time, but there was at least once where he aggressively snatched the chips he won from Doug.

Honestly, them sitting next to each other was pretty uneventful for the most part. Perhaps if the players mics had been working in the first 4-6 hours there would be more to talk about. If I had to score it...

Daniel - 1
Doug - 0 (maybe a -1 since his shirt antics didn't work)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doug is no match for Daniel,,,,Doug talks it,Daniel walks it!

S

Samsamsonite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel is my favorite pp just because he seems like a compassionate, decent human being. There's a few times where he should've just kept his mouth shut, but mostly he's ok.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is an easy read, so that Polk should have an easier time against him :nurse:

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is an easy read, so that Polk should have an easier time against him :nurse:

I was thinking the same. But Negreanu finished as a chip leader while Doug Polk busted early. Dnegs still got it..

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's time for Polk to give up on the "More rake is better" joke. I'm sure Negreanu is tired of hearing about his comment from the past.

If anyone is confused by the statement, Negreanu a pokerstars ambassador, made that "More rake is better" comment because he said it would it attract less professional winning players because it would force them to move to a site with less rake. Less winning players means supposed easier games for recreational players, but it is hard to believe more rake is better because that means recreational players are getting raked HIGHER too. They just may not realize it because they don't focus too much on the rake, but are mainly there to have a good time and hopefully win a little bit of money.

So now Doug Polk spends a lot of time trying to needle Negreanu at any chance he gets over an old comment.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's time for Polk to give up on the "More rake is better" joke. I'm sure Negreanu is tired of hearing about his comment from the past.

If anyone is confused by the statement, Negreanu a PokerStars ambassador, made that "More rake is better" comment because he said it would it attract less professional winning players because it would force them to move to a site with less rake. Less winning players means supposed easier games for recreational players, but it is hard to believe more rake is better because that means recreational players are getting raked HIGHER too. They just may not realize it because they don't focus too much on the rake, but are mainly there to have a good time and hopefully win a little bit of money.

So now Doug Polk spends a lot of time trying to needle Negreanu at any chance he gets over an old comment.

I see way too many comments similar to yours. That the thing about "more rake is better" is getting old and Polk should give up on that. But, rake is not like a thing of the past. It doesnt matter if you are pro or a fish. More rake can make the game unbeatable, and even if it didnt, it certainly dont benefit nobody except Pokerstars. And while I love Negreanu and I can understand his position, that was a pretty bad move from him. I stand with Polk on that.

C

celoshida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see way too many comments similar to yours. That the thing about "more rake is better" is getting old and Polk should give up on that. But, rake is not like a thing of the past. It doesnt matter if you are pro or a fish. More rake can make the game unbeatable, and even if it didnt, it certainly dont benefit nobody except Pokerstars. And while I love Negreanu and I can understand his position, that was a pretty bad move from him. I stand with Polk on that.

Actually, I don't think that Polk is making a statement against more rake and defending people against PS owners greed. He is simply talking shit about Negreanu like he often does to his fellow players e.g. the BAD REG bs with Jason Mercier.

People tend to idealize idiots.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, I don't think that Polk is making a statement against more rake and defending people against PS owners greed. He is simply talking shit about Negreanu like he often does to his fellow players e.g. the BAD REG bs with Jason Mercier.

People tend to idealize idiots.

For whatever reason he does it, be it for publicity or ego issues, he certainly have some balls to speak the truth when everyone else are just PS puppets. If you watch his vids he speaks out on PS greed in everyway possible, so its not that he have something personal with Negreanu and attacks him with no reason.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Polk figured out awhile ago that he could get the Negreanu haters by taking pokes at Daniel.(it works) The general public(cattle) like to "choose" sides,,,,Team Polk-Team D-neg,,,it works like magic in the "rap" industry and music in general(Team Beyonce-Team Swift) Try not to take it too seriously,it's a show,nothing more.:)

C

celoshida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For whatever reason he does it, be it for publicity or ego issues, he certainly have some balls to speak the truth when everyone else are just PS puppets. If you watch his vids he speaks out on PS greed in everyway possible, so its not that he have something personal with Negreanu and attacks him with no reason.

99% of his content is about talking shit about someone rather is negreanu, mercier or alec torelli.

He's got a beef with Daniel since Negreanu said he could beat 25/50 online.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, ok, I take a step back and I am rephrasing. I am with with anybody who is addressing Pokerstars greediness.

crazymakak

crazymakak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally, these guys say to each other in the face of all that thinking. I'm on the side of Dag, because more rake - it is not better

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to see these guys in a MMA fight beating the *&$& out of each other.
I would bet Dog Poker because he is not anemic from being a vegan.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha nice videos. Polk did surprisingly well.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doug Polk made a major misread or just a flat out hero call with his 10s against Daniels Queens. Had he not made that call I think they could've met again at the final table. The majority of hands that were in Daniels range had Doug crushed. This was avoidable I think he makes that call because he's afraid of his image if Daniel gets a bluff through on him. I've watched a lot of Doug's videos on YouTube and he knows better than to make that call.