Daniel Negreanu demands to ban players for the tabl-select

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The new Seat Me table selection system from pokerstars began its march around the world from Spain and now it is preparing to be introduced into the united europool. As it became known earlier, The Stars Group received a "positive response" from its introduction and decided to continue distribution.

As usual in such situations, members of the PokerStars Team Pro team could not stay away. Daniel Negreanu in his podcast not only strongly supported the company in its innovation, but also spoke about the need for more decisive action in relation to those who use the auxiliary software in the choice of tables: from time constraints to blocking of accounts with confiscation.

His narrative Negreanu begins with his experience of playing modern online poker:

"I went to play recently $ 50 / $ 100 to try a few new poker concepts that I learned. I chose a couple of empty tables. Of course, I expected that I would have regulars wishing to give me an action. But the table filled less than a second ... "

According to Negreanu, he played a total of 500 hands in two sessions and every time he sat at the table, the picture was the same - the table was instantly filled with regulars. The owner of 6 wsop bracelets asks himself: how does this happen? :top: :puke:

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This problem is not new cause every body knows that whoever can use poker soft to choose profitable table and make there cash.The politic intents to make game better for recreation players but not for regulars that results in bigger amount of rake for rooms and less cashouts.Everything is simple.

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't heard of this until now, very intriguing stuff.

Daniel Negreanu definitely has a point.

I'm curious, does this just happen in Cash Games?

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw an interesting discussion between Daniel Negreanu and Joe Ingram on twitter about it. Joe seemed to be very against it saying they should punish those using the software hard, while Daniel was thinking you can't do anything about it and this ''fish hunting'' will always be a part of poker. Glad he changed his opinion about it.

Nata Prima

Nata Prima

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Люди приспосабливаются ко всему и ищут выгодные лазейки, только что бы получить выгодную игру, а как же остальные? Принцип справедливости должен соблюдаться иначе никому не хочется всегда быть рыбой! Необходимо продумать одинаковый для всех старт. Иначе люди станут покидать покерные сайты.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the info. I fully support Daniel

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No too sure what the 'table select' is, but Daniel is a popular guy and likely lots of people want to be bragging the next day.
Fish hunting might be something else.
But, part of poker is the cards (not a lot I can do), another part is the opponents.
At the moment: I stick to freerolls with pencil and paper and stay away from Daniel.

I started a thread on 'trend in allowed software tools'.
Depending the room, rules are not always clear on what tools are allowed.
It seems table picking is another available tool, just like HUD, ICM etc.

T

Temirgali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to ban any embedded software, because poker is a game for people and not for robots. It is clear desire to win, but do it yourself. Who are caught in the use of forbidden programs, you must severely punish.

Poker should be open and honest.

The use of machines can be shown both in chess, the game of top leaders in the programs about poker...

Last edited by a moderator:
Squanchy

Squanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a new player and apprentice (I've been studying all these days, several hours a day) it causes me a little frustration that other people use external software to have advantages over other players (because that's what they're used for).
Although I do not know, it's complicated. I think it's something of online poker and if you do not like it, you can always play live.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Online is online, live is live.

At one day I have heard to saying poker online is poker online, Poker Live is poker live. There is a long time I have perceived that online poker rooms are made for regulars, with their huds of all types, not for recreative players, that rooms are so far away from fun purpose. I play few times on pokerstars cause that, I need fishes and not competitors. Awhile pokerstars don not change(I guess it will never happen), I do continue playing prior other platforms.:)

Shark-1.jpg

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hhhhmmmm..... I don't get it. How is his post related to software that does table selection.... If I would use a software to select tables for me with easy opponents and it would seat me at a table that Negreanu just joined I would uninstall it instantly as it obviously doesnt work.....

If that kind of software was heavily used then shouldnt he stay alone at his table because the software recognizes him as a good player ?

I also don't see that You can really ban this type of program... You can just make it a bit harder to use. As long as You have hand histories You can use a program to analyze anyone You have played against... If You do it while the poker client is closed there is no way for them to find out... And then You manually click through the tables until You find some of the nicknames that your analysis has classified as fish...

Not as comfortable as having a fully automated solution but still a way to pick the most lucrative tables and not just sit-down at a random one....

Люди приспосабливаются ко всему и ищут выгодные лазейки, только что бы получить выгодную игру, а как же остальные? Принцип справедливости должен соблюдаться иначе никому не хочется всегда быть рыбой! Необходимо продумать одинаковый для всех старт. Иначе люди станут покидать покерные сайты.

I have no idea what that means. But I disagree! :)

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play cash much but do approve of the change.

If you're confident in your cash game, then this change shouldn't affect you.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe people still support Negreanu, dude just sold out to PokerStars.

UberKadet

UberKadet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This problem is not new cause every body knows that whoever can use poker soft to choose profitable table and make there cash.The politic intents to make game better for recreation players but not for regulars that results in bigger amount of rake for rooms and less cashouts.Everything is simple.
what Daniel pointed out is something that has been happening for a long time. online poker sites need to be more transparent and thus fair for all players

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with this option one can easily become the fish. if on one hand players are not allowed to profile the opponents with a database in real time, than it should not be legal to choose the tables based on its players. its enough to have the blinds amount.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hhhhmmmm..... I don't get it. How is his post related to software that does table selection.... If I would use a software to select tables for me with easy opponents and it would seat me at a table that Negreanu just joined I would uninstall it instantly as it obviously doesnt work.....

If that kind of software was heavily used then shouldnt he stay alone at his table because the software recognizes him as a good player ?

I also don't see that You can really ban this type of program... You can just make it a bit harder to use. As long as You have hand histories You can use a program to analyze anyone You have played against... If You do it while the poker client is closed there is no way for them to find out... And then You manually click through the tables until You find some of the nicknames that your analysis has classified as fish...

Not as comfortable as having a fully automated solution but still a way to pick the most lucrative tables and not just sit-down at a random one....

I have no idea what that means. But I disagree! :)
Except that online he doesn't beat the games and the regs in those games do want to play him.

drbottlecap10

drbottlecap10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an interesting occurance. I typically side with Daniel on most things but unsure of my opinion here.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen people do this at live poker rooms too. They walk around the room looking for people they know aren't regulars and look like they are there to just gamble with a big stack. Hard Rock Tampa to be exact.
I thought the software that helps select a table just shows the average pot, vpip, pfr, and hands per hour, which is something you can do without software on most sites just by the room's default filters.

UberKadet

UberKadet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The new Seat Me table selection system from PokerStars began its march around the world from Spain and now it is preparing to be introduced into the united europool. As it became known earlier, The Stars Group received a "positive response" from its introduction and decided to continue distribution.

As usual in such situations, members of the PokerStars Team Pro team could not stay away. Daniel Negreanu in his podcast not only strongly supported the company in its innovation, but also spoke about the need for more decisive action in relation to those who use the auxiliary software in the choice of tables: from time constraints to blocking of accounts with confiscation.

His narrative Negreanu begins with his experience of playing modern online poker:

"I went to play recently $ 50 / $ 100 to try a few new poker concepts that I learned. I chose a couple of empty tables. Of course, I expected that I would have regulars wishing to give me an action. But the table filled less than a second ... "

According to Negreanu, he played a total of 500 hands in two sessions and every time he sat at the table, the picture was the same - the table was instantly filled with regulars. The owner of 6 WSOP bracelets asks himself: how does this happen? :top: :puke:
if daniel is asking why and proposing to ban then i agree with him

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think this is not a bad idea, but not the best either.this gonna be the long way...

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is my poker idol, and I think he's very right.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
or me it would be interesting to train with a player of the level of Daniel Negreanu, so I played here in the CC, I believe that many players could beat him in those games that he participated

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu is best player. When he wins the WSOP?))

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be bad for PS, as many regs are going to other rooms (888 poker, PP, MPN). Lions eat zebras, eagles eat mice, and SHARKS EAT FISH!:captain:

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if a person wants to look and select tables it's fine but shouldn't be computer generated. Is it bots playing as some sites it's insane how quick a table fills and they are ready to play instantly