Cryptocurrency and Poker

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only room that I've seen at the moment accepts cryptocurrencies is CoinPoker, the truth is that it gives me a lot of thorn that has many daily freerolls, I even think that the software mine with our cpu :(

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I like playing on CoinPoker. Nice pokeroom with their CHP crypto. I'm currently investing small amounts in CHP crypto money and I hope that will be +1000% more! :D

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am planning on making my first deposit on ACR using bitcoin. I would use a different coin but the minimum is $100, and using bitcoin it is $50.

I already am all set up with one of those ledger nano hardware wallets.

If the other sites I use would accept crypto deposits I would gladly deposit with that instead.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not understand much of this trade of crytocurrency but I had to buy bircoin to get cash in some poker rooms .... I deposited with bitcoin and then I got to draw ... the advantage is that some rates are low, but I was afraid of the value to fall at the time I was performing this operation

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was asking this question some time ago, if the crypts had already touched the poker world, and I believe according to what the article says, it is already inevitable. I think it's excellent news, I think it would give the players more control over their money.
:cool::cool:

JimboAAkimbo

JimboAAkimbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never wanted to have anything to do with crypto as I was very suspicious of it. But poker kind of forced me into it as it became the only way I can deposit/withdraw. Now I'm grateful for it.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know that you can deposit with BTC on ACR, for now I will not try crypto on poker

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand much of this trade of crytocurrency but I had to buy bircoin to get cash in some poker rooms .... I deposited with bitcoin and then I got to draw ... the advantage is that some rates are low, but I was afraid of the value to fall at the time I was performing this operation

That is the same reason why I haven't gotten into the crypto-scene... I feel like its similar to investing in stocks, and the coin you just spent 1k on may not be worth 100$ tomorrow. I know that the opposite has happened in some cases as well... I just feel safer with cash money

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crypto is sadly turning into the tech bubble boom from early 2000s, some get rich fast the rest get hammered when they take the profits out.

some get lucky but having lost 600 billion this year, it might be worth investing back into as must be nearing the bottom.

Crypto is great for poker and already we see fully set up poker sites using it only. advice only invest 5% of your wealth in RISK and never borrow on a gamble, be happy losing it all.

Life is a risk I guess we all fancy some free gains, sadly it doesn't happen to real people

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tried all the crypto poker rooms. I can say one of them is just honest this CoinPoker! in others you can and don’t try to play anything.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As a US resident, crypto is a great way to fund and withdraw from poker sites. It would take weeks to get money from certain sites in the past. Using bitcoin, I have had withdrawals completed in 24 hours. The more you use bitcoin to transfer $$$ the quicker the transfers take place.

I see crypto becoming more mainstream as other merchants get on board with the concept. especially these days with more and more online shopping.

I work in retail and see so many people who don't have bank accounts. They utilize Western Union to pay their bills. If they were able to use crypto currency, they would save a lot of money in the fees charged by WU, which I guess is a form of crypto.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've withdrawn from ACR poker a few times to bitcoin and then traded that with friends........ tonight now I'm really getting a little worried LOL cuz Bitcoin has been on the steepest drop that's happened in a while. Went to sleep woke up and it dropped another thousand dollars overnight eeek

..... all the Bitcoin I have I basically have won over the last 8 years from free... but still , the value of what I have it's scary to look at right now though hopefully it will turn around again......

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, I don’t use it, and I think that such a currency is a bubble and a financial pyramid that will collapse sooner or later.

D

drbi1951

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cryptocurrency

It is so much cheaper to deposit with bitcoin to ACR than use a credit card.

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I have not embraced Crypto-currencies for poker or the poker industry. Nor, will I.​

It is just my personal opinion, but I do really wonder why anyone in their right mind in the poker world would want to move towards any kind of Crypto-currency at this time, and this includes Litecoin --- which by the way, is rising and falling between a bearish $32USA and a bullish $43USA. However, to be fair, it might rally between the two at $39USA --- that is to say --- if it rallies at all. Some analysts think it will fall to $20USA before it shelters at that level.

Generally, Crypto-currencies presently face serious crashing patterns. It is selling at losses right across the board. In fact, the sell off indicates that is being over sold. So, many people are dumping Crypto-currencies at losses as fast as possible. Not even to mention that the Guardian has just reported that the Bitcoin price plunged below $4,500 mark in a new 2018 low. And, just to show the extent of the sell off --- CNN added that yet another $25 billions USA were wiped out as the Crypto market suffered from such a large sell-off.

So, this is not a wise investment at all at this time for anyone, most especially the poker industry. Beware --- maybe the purveyors of these Crypto-currencies are in such a desperate search for cash infusions that they have actually targeted the billions of dollars poker players and the poker industry hold.

This is not the time to buy Crypto-currencies because there is really a great deal of uncertainty about their futures. Sellers are selling at losses, and the poker industry would have suffered the same fate if it had bought into Crypto-currencies to any large extent. Normally, it is a good thing to buy low and to sell high. However, the plunging fortunes of Crypto-currencies have been so rapid that, for many people who bought into Crypto-currencies, the only choice they had was to sell as fast as possible at prices lower than their buy ins, meaning at a loss.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I have not embraced Crypto-currencies for poker or the poker industry. Nor, will I.​

It is just my personal opinion, but I do really wonder why anyone in their right mind in the poker world would want to move towards any kind of Crypto-currency at this time, and this includes Litecoin --- which by the way, is rising and falling between a bearish $32USA and a bullish $43USA. However, to be fair, it might rally between the two at $39USA --- that is to say --- if it rallies at all. Some analysts think it will fall to $20USA before it shelters at that level.

Generally, Crypto-currencies presently face serious crashing patterns. It is selling at losses right across the board. In fact, the sell off indicates that is being over sold. So, many people are dumping Crypto-currencies at losses as fast as possible. Not even to mention that the Guardian has just reported that the Bitcoin price plunged below $4,500 mark in a new 2018 low. And, just to show the extent of the sell off --- CNN added that yet another $25 billions USA were wiped out as the Crypto market suffered from such a large sell-off.

So, this is not a wise investment at all at this time for anyone, most especially the poker industry. Beware --- maybe the purveyors of these Crypto-currencies are in such a desperate search for cash infusions that they have actually targeted the billions of dollars poker players and the poker industry hold.

This is not the time to buy Crypto-currencies because there is really a great deal of uncertainty about their futures. Sellers are selling at losses, and the poker industry would have suffered the same fate if it had bought into Crypto-currencies to any large extent. Normally, it is a good thing to buy low and to sell high. However, the plunging fortunes of Crypto-currencies have been so rapid that, for many people who bought into Crypto-currencies, the only choice they had was to sell as fast as possible at prices lower than their buy ins, meaning at a loss.
I agree with you, I think that cryptocurrency is already getting rid of its own, this is a bubble that will burst soon. Therefore, they are aimed at the gaming industry market, they need urgent huge infusions of money supply.
The country in which I live is poor for the most part and is not interested in cryptocurrency. People’s interest is how to survive on the money that the government calls a salary.

There is also a lot of money in the cryptocurrency market, the origin of which is unknown, that any state in the world does not like it, it can be money from the sale of drugs, weapons and the slave trade.
Therefore, the cryptocurrency market is threatened by either collapse or transformation.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Yet but Bitcoin has been on the steepest drop in a while and thinking about buying some to fund my WPN accounts if it drops under $2000. Seems like the best way to withdraw if you can handle extreme volatility. That being said I think the smart money is sitting on the sidelines for now .

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used bitcoin for deposit on sporstbetting poker last mounth but was the first time i used cryptocurrency!
at the moment for me i think is better use virtual card or virtual bank like skrill but when ill have more experience i think crypto will be usefull

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing on CoinPoker. Nice pokeroom with their CHP crypto. I'm currently investing small amounts in CHP crypto money and I hope that will be +1000% more! :D

I'v played on CoinPoker a long time. The CHP crypto is just fiat currency junk it is literally not worth a penny down from its $0.37 high now to $0.006. It has lost more than 99% of value it is junk.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never wanted to have anything to do with crypto as I was very suspicious of it. But poker kind of forced me into it as it became the only way I can deposit/withdraw. Now I'm grateful for it.

LOL JIMBO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KIMBO:cool:

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its still not safe currency so better i will stick to good old cash never deal with it before and dont think so will atleast in nearest future

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is the same reason why I haven't gotten into the crypto-scene... I feel like its similar to investing in stocks, and the coin you just spent 1k on may not be worth 100$ tomorrow. I know that the opposite has happened in some cases as well... I just feel safer with cash money

I don't know a boat load about all the crypto-currencys, but this is exactly why I'm not sold on all of it either.

I just realized too that ACR accepts 40 different types.40 different types !? I knew there was a couple out there, with it being legit and all. But 40 different ones in total, wow.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am planning on making my first deposit on ACR using bitcoin. I would use a different coin but the minimum is $100, and using bitcoin it is $50.

I already am all set up with one of those ledger nano hardware wallets.

If the other sites I use would accept crypto deposits I would gladly deposit with that instead.

Where are you buying BTC for $50??