Could there be another poker scandal in the making?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yep, seen this tweet and wonder what it could be..

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big money big ambitions big intrigues.In General a great game or the game at large.

Cirass

Cirass

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most INSANE hands from Mike/the show w/ all their memes

The show somehow changes the graphics at the end of the hand & says there was an error because Mike told them the RFID was incorrect. This is the 3RD TIME they allege this error happened always in Mike's favor.

https://twitter.com/Joeingram1/stat...l-obvinyaetsya-v-moshennichestve-post-2909691

Mike during the game I used a mobile phone, which displayed information about the pocket cards of opponents (the tables of the Stones gambling Hall are equipped with a during the game used a mobile phone that displayed information about the pocket cards of opponents (tables of the Stones Gambling Hall equipped with a card reader.) Mike got information about his opponent’s cards, probably the producer and friend passed this information to the player.

I always suspected that someone would use it. Why not them?))))

Last edited by a moderator:
kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL!

The Mike Postel case is still waiting for some actual evidence that there has been any cheating at all.

And now the "next scandal" is based on a tweet without any information at all....

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL!

The Mike Postel case is still waiting for some actual evidence that there has been any cheating at all.

And now the "next scandal" is based on a tweet without any information at all....

There is no evidence - it's circumstantial.

Which CAN hold up in a court of law.

But it's something like - "Your honor this guy just kept winning. He keeps looking at his phone when decision making. Somebody knew the cards in real time. Nobody has a winrate like we see with HIM - it's unhuman."

So it all depends on the judge, jury and how good the lawyers' arguments are that day.

But that case is not necessarily what this thread is about.

We don't know what this thread is about LOL - because Bill is still thinking about it!

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just what Poker needs... Another scandal! :rolleyes:

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On second thought, what Poker really needs is a reality TV show... I propose "Real Housewives of Poker" (you heard it here first). :D

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bill Perkins dropped a bombshell on the poker community without releasing details but he does state this story could be bigger than the Mike Postle scandal. For now, he is leaving us hanging.

Bill Perkins Teases Major Poker Cheating Scandal, Waiting to Release Details

Why is there limited information?

I don't know Bill but hopefully he can admit that he is a big attention whore (like a poster had already said).

Bill could be checking with his attorneys to see what he CAN say with limited evidence and limited proof without being sued. Don't forget that Bill comes from a bigtime business background.

Bill could also be trying to flush out more information and see who will come forward to him with accusations and maybe even confessions and apologies.

So it's not Jason....and it's probably not a bot....so who who who??

Can we start laying odds?? LOL

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is all I need all my life. Must be at the online too, I know to play poker, they must cheated on me and all rest of us. I pray to be that true :)

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is possible, no one is safe from this!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Players playing under another name? Sounds like something I've heard before..

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi shells !!! :ciao:
cheating is so very very upsetting
i poor, have little monies, if cheat me - is mega evil!
good thing, at levels i play, surely these multi millionaire possible cheaters no interested in my lilliputian tournaments?
plus i suck at poker so play legit - no need ever cheat me

blond.jpg

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure there’s a story until there is some evidence.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why is there limited information?

I don't know Bill but hopefully he can admit that he is a big attention whore (like a poster had already said).

Bill could be checking with his attorneys to see what he CAN say with limited evidence and limited proof without being sued. Don't forget that Bill comes from a bigtime business background.

Bill could also be trying to flush out more information and see who will come forward to him with accusations and maybe even confessions and apologies.

So it's not Jason....and it's probably not a bot....so who who who??

Can we start laying odds?? LOL

Got me as to why there is limited information. We would have to ask Bill (I don't think he is looking for unnecessary attention. From what I've seen and heard of him, he doesn't come across that way, given he would have absolutely nothing to gain from it.)

I'm sure something will be reported in the next couple of days. So, stay tuned!

Edit - https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...ponds-scandal-allegations-458618/#post5615908

Last edited:
HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a shame that these poker scandals keep popping up. I intend to keep tuned -- juicy stuff.

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was all so overblown. I called this from the start of it...people like to get worked up for no reason

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waiting mode on.
Maybe something happening in the highroller scene?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So Shells - let me understand the accusation....

It is only that some professional players played under different names than they normally do?

By doing that a HUD would give incorrect stats on that player?

Is that actually cheating? I'm not sure I fully understand.

And if that is the extent of the accusations then is that really a bigger issue than what Postle is accused of?

Nobody likes to lose.

But I am a little confused.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything suggests that this person knows much more information about scammers and scams in the gaming industry, both online games and offline.:cool::eek:

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything suggests that this person knows much more information about scammers and scams in the gaming industry, both online games and offline.:cool::eek:

Please, this is a different "world", there is a circle of guys playing for huge stakes. Players are willing to risk big money BUT only if they "think" they have an edge over at least 1 other player. This is all common knowledge to the pros (super-high stakes) some guys even post about being shut-out of the biggest games, because whales are not comfortable playing with certain guys. These Apps are considered "private" so obviously guys who are locked out can be tempted to play on a "fish"s account. Not all will do it, but many do and have in the past. I am not going to say it is right or wrong, I will never be around these kind of games and neither will 99.997% of the poker crowd declaring people as scum bags or cheaters , etc...

I am not sure I like Bill Perkins action in this case because as I said this is NOT a shocker, he is friends with Dan Bilzarian and Perkins obviously wanted public opinion on his side from the beginning. I wonder why Perkins never did an announcement before this when he was aware of other ghosts???? Perkins sings the praises of Jason Koons as being the only person with integrity ?? I do not have any inside knowledge, but again, is this the 1st time J.Koons ever had knowledge of a ghost?? If he called this out but remained silent in the past is that OK ?? This thing is complicated and it involves a small group of people, I hope they can all work it out among themselves.

As I said I have no personal connection or knowledge to any of the parties involved. This was not "cheating" like M. Postle, as Perkins claimed. No one hear had knowledge of hole cards , this was "ghosting" which has been happening on online poker since the very beginning of poker accounts;)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So Shells - let me understand the accusation....

It is only that some professional players played under different names than they normally do?

By doing that a HUD would give incorrect stats on that player?

Is that actually cheating? I'm not sure I fully understand.

And if that is the extent of the accusations then is that really a bigger issue than what Postle is accused of?

Nobody likes to lose.

But I am a little confused.

I am not shells, so you can disregard my response. My opinion is that HUDS are not used on these "apps", they are in effect private games, because you must be "invited" to play by a "manager" or organizer. BUT yes, you are correct that some pros are offered the chance to play in these games by using a rich "fish" account. Dan Bilzarian will never risk big money if he knew he was playing "jungleman" (actually jungle says he never played Dan B. He may have played Bill Perkins under a ghost account.)

Many top pros are never "invited" to these games and they are considered "juicy" games because the players want to gamble for big money but they want to have fun and not get smashed by a pro every session.

The thing to keep in mind, Bill Perkins knows this is not something new. This has been going on for years and for some reason Bill Perkins wanted this to be public. Why? maybe because Dan is his friend, maybe Bill lost a bunch to jungle and was just pissed?? who knows,