Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the 2020 WSOP wagering?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Coronavirus has already affected the global economy, and poker is just a small part of the global economy. I think that the poker industry will not be able to avoid the impact on poker events such as World Series of Poker 2020. At the moment, I would bet on the game on the Internet, in today's reality it is safer !!!

YevhenUA

YevhenUA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coronavirus has already affected the global economy, and poker is just a small part of the global economy. I think that the poker industry will not be able to avoid the impact on poker events such as World Series of Poker 2020. At the moment, I would bet on the game on the Internet, in today's reality it is safer !!!
Yes, it is much safer playing home. Hope that coronavirus will be stopped and everything gone well.

Y

ypiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People only think about money, but what is money without people…..

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The coronavirus could impact the 2020 World Series of Poker as well as many other big events. So, that makes some poker players wonder if the WSOP will be postponed so, a few pros have even gone so far as to bet on a cancellation.

Is betting on a world-wide crisis crossing a line?

Poker Players Debate: Is it Classless to Bet on Coronavirus Forcing WSOP Cancellation?

I don't think betting on the "world wide crisis is crossing the line" Insurance company's make all there profits betting on your demise.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If it is postponed or cancelled , that would be the first time in WSOP history or what ?? I hope everything goes well and they don't have to take such a decision , a devastating one for poker in US and in the world , the most prestigious tournament to have such an end in 2020....

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today Indian Wells tennis tournament in California has been cancelled.

If this is the US approach, good or not, I see it very difficult for the WSOP to take place.

Will they be played online? [emoji848][emoji23]

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to bet on the day that each state in the US come lets say "back on line"

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Wouldn't it be fun if they played all these WSOP events online , in a poker room which accepts players from most countries in comparison to other poker rooms , such as ACR ???
It won't be the same , but would it be better to cancel it completely or try this ?? This crisis could last two if not more years at the worst case , will they cancel also wsop next year ?? Better play it online , even with vey small prizepools in comparison to the live WSOP events' prizepools :) Just a thought :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
online poker is on the rise. Being in quarantine, players abruptly switched to playing online, which proves a sharp increase in pokerstars attendance.

C

chtobvas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players need to show by example that they need to stay at home. This will be the first WSOP in zoom or skype.:)

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is hard

but maybe they find a solution or date in the future.

the could play online ore in little groups...

The will be a solution for this time.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this veruz confused the sissy as if he were leaving soon to have willow tournaments

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also bet against it to be cancelled.
As we say: Better safe than sorry

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I predict 300million infected, it'd be retarded to not stop the wsop

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
WSOP live will be cancelled for sure, but they are discussing online events instead.

But WSOP.com only works in the US, so if they want this to be a big global event they need to work with major poker rooms like Pokerstars or else I see no point in doing it online .

T

thuliomano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stay at home, let's just play online

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm betting on it being cancelled as it should be. With the number of people who attend and the constant touching of chips, cards, table, ect along with having to be close to people I can't see why they would take to risk of having it. It's unfortunate, but I think necessary.

I wouldn't say betting on a world-wide crisis is crossing the line in this situation. There is still a lot of uncertainty with things. Nobody knows when things will be back to normal if ever. I do highly dislike the term the new normal, but life as we know it may be forever changed with how we interact with each other from here on out.

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when will this world collapse end

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
when will this world collapse end

I'm thinking we will have to wait a while yet. It's hard for everyone in the world but we have to be patient and pay attention to what is around us.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's much safer to play at home, hope that this epidemic will pass soon

F

fmrocchetti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is much safer to stay home and play from here. Betting on a global pandemic, which has killed many people, seems very stupid to me.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incredibly morbid. But I guess degens gotta do what they do. So much misinformation out there about the death rate, I wouldn't trust the bookmakers any more than the governments at this point.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there's even any reason to bet on the World Series of Poker this year. It's such a large event involving so many people I'm sure it's certain that it gets canceled this year

WSOP