Chris Ferguson’s 42-Second WSOP Apology Tour (Video)

What do you think of Chris Ferguson's apology video?

• Insincere - what a jerk

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Thank you! About time!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Um, too little, too late!

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Who cares? ShuffleUp/Deal

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I wasn't sure what to think when I seen it.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is a bit lame, as has been said, however, Chris Ferguson was not totally to blame for black Friday on his own. Interesting to see a lot of the other main protagonists still have not stuck their heads above the parapet? Also, let me see if I got it totally wrong but surely all or definitely most of the blame must go on the US government? They were the ones who froze accounts, and all sorts of things as per suing the poker-sites?

I can totally understand there is much blame aimed at Chris Ferguson and Howard Lederer and the likes, but come on guys who was president of the US at the time? Why not blame him or the DOJ or should it be called the DO"No"J.

Last edited:
1Player

1Player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They were enforcing the law. What should they have done?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a bit lame, as has been said, however, Chris Ferguson was not totally to blame for black Friday on his own. Interesting to see a lot of the other main protagonists still have not stuck their heads above the parapet? Also, let me see if I got it totally wrong but surely all or definitely most of the blame must go on the US government? They were the ones who froze accounts, and all sorts of things as per suing the poker-sites?

I can totally understand there is much blame aimed at Chris Ferguson and Howard Lederer and the likes, but come on guys who was president of the US at the time? Why not blame him or the DOJ or should it be called the DO"No"J.

Because the President had nothing to do with it.

They stole that money all on their own.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pretty disgusting really. It was reported that Lederer put 40 million in his own pockets and Ferguson 25 million. I understand the guys at the top make huge profits in a capitalist society but when they can't pay the customers, they're just being thieves. Ofcourse they played dumb, called it mismanagement, and never sat a day in jail.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not sure what to think about all of this. I was not playing poker back then and I know that FullTilt was arguably the best site at that time.
Im not sure if the ban of poker or fall of full tilt was first? I just dont get it.
Could anybody tell me how this all happened? I just cant seem to make a timeline of the events.

I know that there was poker banned in the US.
And the shutdown of fulltilt. I dont know which was before or after or if they even affected each other?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No Chris a long time for an apology would have been a month, seven years is a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time and too late for most people.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way too lame and way too late. This was done strictly out of self-preservation and means nothing to me.

I'm really not sure why Ferguson would think that anyone in the poker world would believe this was anything other than insincere.

V

vi92lee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Novard at least-would apologize, took responsibility for an event. But Ferguson hid himself for five years while people really needed him, and now he just went back and didn't say a word in his defense, didn't take any responsibility.

V

vi92lee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The one who wanted to apologize, apologized at once. Now it's too late for an apology.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is more to that apology than meets the eye..

The one question i have..why now?

There is another agenda here as he was a major protagonist with Howard Lederer..i just thinks its criminal that he can still play the beautiful game ...

Whats your view fellow cardschat brethren?

regards

pirateglenn:confused:

Z

zachary_514

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Ferguson Apology

What do you guys think of this apology video? Theres been lots of mixed reviews of it. Obviously the mass of people are still upset but does Chris deserve acceptance in the poker community?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It felt a little short to me, like they say.. "too little too late".. I guess. I'm wondering, does he plan on playing the wsop this year? Maybe that's the reason he even made this apology.. so that way he can at least say he apologized or whatever. Maybe not though, maybe he is sincere, who am I to judge..

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I felt that was a really short little statement that really didn't even seem to mean anything. I don't think it would have even mattered if he didn't say anything at this point. He probably did it cuz WSOP is coming up and maybe doesn't like people giving him the side-eye or still being mad at him LOL

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
too late!... fulltitpoker will not recover anymore, his statements does not matter, who knows with what purpose he is doing it

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a fake apology. He's obviously reading a script... not coming from his heart. Just a publicity stunt to raise support for himself.

lordgift

lordgift

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It just soundslike every presidents speech. Reading from a skript without any kind of feelings in his voice or face. I don´t want to blame him. Maybe he really wanted to apologize, but in this case he should have been shown more "feelings" in his speech.

C

celoshida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that a lot of players lost a lot of money, but for me black friday sucked cause FTP was the best software and now it's gone.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It would appear that Chris has not hired a public relations person.

My guess is >> that more will be revealed. There were legal reasons (and who knows what else) why info. was not made public & I truly think that some people will be a bit surprised once they hear the whole story (as Phil has mentioned).

It's a shame what happened to Fulltilt. With U.S. player deposits not getting processed and having to go through shady (illegal) payment processors in an effort to be able to continue providing an excellent online poker option to it's customer base.... not wanting to give up that massive U.S. customer base while clinging onto hopes that it would 'soon' get better (or change). My understanding is that they kept hanging on, thinking that at anytime things would change with the U.S. deposits & payment processors but that they carried this 'hope' on for far too long (not wanting to downsize dramatically & 'give up the dream'). And because of hanging onto this for far too long, IF they had chosen to downsize & stop doing business with their U.S. customer base, they'd have in a sh1tload of problems trying to honour those withdrawals (due to honoring so many of the deposits that never actually went through!).... as became apparent once the DOJ stepped in.
It's a shame that the DOJ hadn't allowed USA players to be playing poker online.

MikeShayne

MikeShayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would guess the timing of his "apology" is related to the WSOP summer. He may think that his apology will allow him to show up and play in relative peace at the Rio.

Doubt it'll work...

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would guess the timing of his "apology" is related to the WSOP summer. He may think that his apology will allow him to show up and play in relative peace at the Rio.

Doubt it'll work...

He probably should have apologized last year before the WSOP, but I am not sure that would have even helped his case.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not sure who the apology was directed at, I personally don't know any poker players who have any where near a 42 second attention span.

WSOP