The chip leader of the LA Poker Classic may be setting a trend

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The money bubble popped on Day 3 of the LA Poker Classic. Going into Day 4 are 39 players including Balakrishna Patur leading the pack. Patur may have also set a trend at the poker table, due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) threats, too. There is a good chance we may see more poker players donning a face mask for protection from this horrible virus. We do need to protect ourselves.

Bubble Bursts as LA Poker Classic Field Shrinks on Day 3

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The money bubble popped on Day 3 of the LA Poker Classic. Going into Day 4 are 39 players including Balakrishna Patur leading the pack. Patur may have also set a trend at the poker table, due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) threats, too. There is a good chance we may see more poker players donning a face mask for protection from this horrible virus. We do need to protect ourselves.

Bubble Bursts as LA Poker Classic Field Shrinks on Day 3

Thank U 4 Posting.

The number 1 safety measure is to hand wash. Therefore alcohol based hand wipes would be far more effective than the mask. Patur should be cleaning hands after every card contact or chip contact at the table. Also if you are purchasing food or drink at the the table you need to disinfect everything. Glassware, plastic bottles, cutlery etc. It would be best as well to not eat anything that was not brought to you in a sealed container. You could then alcohol wipe the packaging then your hands then open it.

Hope this helps
:eek::eek:

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

The number 1 safety measure is to hand wash. Therefore alcohol based hand wipes would be far more effective than the mask. Patur should be cleaning hands after every card contact or chip contact at the table. Also if you are purchasing food or drink at the the table you need to disinfect everything. Glassware, plastic bottles, cutlery etc. It would be best as well to not eat anything that was not brought to you in a sealed container. You could then alcohol wipe the packaging then your hands then open it.

Hope this helps
:eek::eek:

I wonder if they shouldn't be wearing latex gloves, too?!

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Definitely, I could get behind that trend. Chips, cards, table all just dirty with sweat and grime. Its all gross, surprised more people aren't doing this!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Responding

Latex gloves are good for protection but not practical in this instance.You would need to remove and dispose of the gloves constantly.

Also you can still transfer the virus from the gloves to your face or other objects like your phone.

Repeated hand cleansing is the most practical and beneficial safety precaution.
Alcohol wipes are best at the table. We should be using wipes constantly as none of us are trained to not touch our faces for any length of time.

Hope this helps
:):)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank U 4 Responding

Latex gloves are good for protection but not practical in this instance.You would need to remove and dispose of the gloves constantly.

Also you can still transfer the virus from the gloves to your face or other objects like your phone.

Repeated hand cleansing is the most practical and beneficial safety precaution.
Alcohol wipes are best at the table. We should be using wipes constantly as none of us are trained to not touch our faces for any length of time.

Hope this helps
:):)

Yeah, I could see how latex gloves would be a bit of a hassle not to mention handling cards, chips, etc may prove to be difficult.

Maybe it could be as simple as having wipes handy for each player and dealer at a table. I think for the sake of keeping patrons to their establishments, the owners/managers need to come up with something to protect everyone as much as possible.