Chips
Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This whole case is such a regrettable waste of two lives, three if it can be proven that the murder was because Brown was a witness. I wonder why Perkins is getting involved though, are they related?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This whole case is such a regrettable waste of two lives, three if it can be proven that the murder was because Brown was a witness. I wonder why Perkins is getting involved though, are they related?

I haven't read anything to explain why Bill has involved himself, yet.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I agree with you.

This has been a tragedy from start to finish but there have been consequences and justice seen to be done. All parties were never going to be happy with the outcome, but this will always be the case in such episodes. The subsequent death/murder of a witness is troubling, but the leap to the idea this was connected i.e. a plot for retribution (?) would seem premature.

From the moment I heard Bill Perkins had inserted himself into this matter I thought it a mistake. Even if through a naïve sense of 'best intentions', the act comes off as someone trying to raise their profile via a murder which was a national scandal. Perkins could have simply donated the $100,000 anonymously with the police stating a wealthy benefactor wishing to help resolve the matter had contributed the reward.

Last edited:
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
From the moment I heard Bill Perkins had inserted himself into this matter I thought it a mistake. Even if through a naïve sense of 'best intentions', the act comes off as someone trying to raise their profile via a murder which was a national scandal. Perkins could have simply donated the $100,000 anonymously with the police stating a wealthy benefactor wishing to help resolve the matter had contributed the reward.

Well , I don't know if he could have done it "anonymously" , but personally I don't find anything strange with this reward that he offers . It's a nice extra motivation for everyone to give any info they have on this murder case . I hope the truth reveals soon and they arrest the murderer .

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good for him. I hope it did some good.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Race is such a big factor in USA. Perkins is involved because a black man was killed by an off duty white cop. People are wondering whether this was payback by white cops for one of their own. Another possibility is that someone with a grudge against the guy used this whole situation as cover to kill him.

Its a very weird case. I still can't get my head around her explanation. She tried to get in the wrong flat, and shot him because she thought he was an intruder in her own flat?! There's likely more to this than we are hearing.

W

wallyworld127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
she didnt mean to BUT still deserve SOME punishment

This is a tragedy on both sides of this ordeal. But as for Perkins involving himself i really dont see what he is getting out of it other than he is a gun totin come at me kinda guy so maybe thats it....he wants the person that he put the reward on to come at him. ahhaha anyway just my 2 cents

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did he pay the 100k, for the killer of the drug dealer

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I knew it since I first saw Bill Perkins on The Big Game. I knew it that he is a nice person. Keep it up Bill!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When the Bill Perkins 'reward' story broke, I thought it an odd (self-serving?) issue to get involved in.

The leap to allege/imply that the Joshua Brown murder -subsequent to the Guyger trial- was a retribution hit job by the police tipped too far into conspiracy theory territory. When the police stated they had at least one suspect in custody it was roundly dismissed as a cover up. To be clear, Guyger deserved to be found guilt of the initial murder.

However, the idea Joshua Brown was a key witness at the Guyger trial (therefore needing to be taken out for retribution) is far-fetched as his testimony was no different than several other witnesses. Further, regarding his murder being linked to a drug related issues (derided as further cover up) it's been interesting to follow the Dallas Morning News.

According to the DMN Brown had a history of drug offenses, arrests, some jail time and had been shot in a dispute once before.

I am all for the police having the book thrown at them for violence- all lives do matter. I also realize this entire Joshua Brown matter is far from settled. But that leap to assume the Joshua Brown murder was a hit by rogue police seems unwarranted and irresponsible at present.

Last edited:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When the Bill Perkins 'reward' story broke, I thought it an odd (self-serving?) issue to get involved in.

The leap to allege/imply that the Joshua Brown murder -subsequent to the Guyger trial- was a retribution hit job by the police tipped too far into conspiracy theory territory. When the police stated they had at least one suspect in custody it was roundly dismissed as a cover up. To be clear, Guyger deserved to be found guilt of the initial murder.

However, the idea Joshua Brown was a key witness at the Guyger trial (therefore needing to be taken out for retribution) is far-fetched as his testimony was no different than several other witnesses. Further, regarding his murder being linked to a drug related issues (this contention derided as a cover up) it's been interesting to follow the Dallas Morning News.

According to the DMN Brown had a history of drug offenses, arrests, some jail time and had been shot in a dispute once before.

I am all for the police having the book thrown at them for violence- all lives do matter. I also realize this entire Joshua Brown matter is far from settled. But that leap to assume the Joshua Brown murder was a hit by rogue police seems unwarranted and irresponsible at present.

The story becomes more interesting when we dig a little deeper, doesn't it, DS?!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, Shells, it does!

I have nothing against Bill Perkins, but as noted in my initial post, getting involved as a peripheral figure in already notorious case seemed an odd choice to make - especially as the full story has yet to come to light.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, Shells, it does!

I have nothing against Bill Perkins, but as noted in my initial post, getting involved as a peripheral figure in already notorious case seemed an odd choice to make - especially as the full story has yet to come to light.

I have absolutely nothing against him at all. I still think there is more to it and we will likely know as time goes on.