Bad Beats? This one is an eye opener shared by Jean-Robert Bellande (video included)

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bellande seems to get coolered the most out of any high stakes player I've watched on TV. This was especially brutal because he's only losing to QQ and he's blocking a Q. Honestly I wouldn't have even considered 10 J Spades.

Question for the math people: Would Bellande have been better by getting villain to agree to run it more times? If Bellande runs it more than four times, he's guaranteed to get something (2 runs could go to the straight flush, as here, and another 2 for 10 10 and J J). What's the math in these situations? Theoretically best to just run it once?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,what a bad beat,that is,bad beats.I had never watched any hands like that..And there are people that say that those things only happen online..

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bellande seems to get coolered the most out of any high stakes player I've watched on TV. This was especially brutal because he's only losing to QQ and he's blocking a Q. Honestly I wouldn't have even considered 10 J Spades.

Question for the math people: Would Bellande have been better by getting villain to agree to run it more times? If Bellande runs it more than four times, he's guaranteed to get something (2 runs could go to the straight flush, as here, and another 2 for 10 10 and J J). What's the math in these situations? Theoretically best to just run it once?

I don't think Bellande was involved with the hand. The article didn't state who exactly was in the hand but that Rob Yong may have been involved?

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think it was Bellande, anyways thats beyond sick

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That is truly a staggering hand- one player making two straight flushes, against the full house? Has anyone actually precised the odds? Yeah, I believe you are correct, Bellande was not in the hand...and it looks like Rob Yong was the losing player (always with a smile on his face!).

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw this on his Twitter feed. Brutal beat. Twice!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's fantastic! If I lost like that, I'd consider myself the unluckiest man in the world.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Terrifying, poker is like that, and you think you have bad luck.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sick bad beat , cruel way to lose so much money :eek: . On the other hand , the winner player got really super lucky , staight flush on both boards winning opponent's full house , wow !!! I guess if sth like that happened in a online poker room , many would start talking about rigged games , unreal winning odds , etc lol

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope who ever won that hand put his lottery numbers on immediately!! Insanely lucky (or unlucky if on the receiving end). That's poker for you though.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I do get a bad beat again (prlly in the next min or 2) I will watch the video to cheer up. That was SICK.

R

RodderDP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant believ that Rob always keep a smile after that sick beat so horrible.

:eek:

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is indeed pretty sick. The guy had two outs (and some runner-runners), and one came on each run. If this happened in online poker, a ton of people would claim it as proof, the site was rigged ;)
Haha aint that the truth,ive seen some very talented dealers in my time too though hehe any card,anywhere any time,even met 1 with the end of his middle finger chopped off...i didnt like to ask lol.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beat

Thats pretty bad. But ive seen worse.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is it being referred to as two one-outers? The first instance of the hand there were two outs, both the King and the 8. The second time, just the 8 for the straight flush.

But, it's already noted that the JT could have also hit runner runner Jacks or Tens.

Those are not one outers.

Hitting that straight flush when running it twice is epically bad though.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow I've necer seen anything like that :eek: That's sicker than sick.

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats the unluckiest you can get in poker... just wow, wouldnt be surprised if it happens to me too