Another prop bet!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alright Phil! I bet you $10,000 that you can't hit a major league curve-ball! I'll give you 10 pitches,,,:ciao:

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm finding some of these prop bets a little over the top. Geesh! :rolleyes:;)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a real gamble as much as the next guy but prop betting is wreck-less degeneracy with money.

ChiTownRon

ChiTownRon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see Hellmuth being an athletic type, but that seems easier then it sounds. Easy money for Phil!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are way too many prop bets in the poker world. I think that it gives poker a bad imagine when they go mainstream (like the Dan B bet). We say that poker is a game of skill and not gambling, then we go around with crazy prop bets. <rant over>

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are way too many prop bets in the poker world. I think that it gives poker a bad imagine when they go mainstream (like the Dan B bet). We say that poker is a game of skill and not gambling, then we go around with crazy prop bets. <rant over>

You definitely have a point with the image it can produce. To me, it was fun to watch some of the prop bets transpire, but now they seem so overdone, overused, etc.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is just what happens,when you have alot of time on your hands,,,,and too much money. ;) (i used to do this with friends,but on a much lesser scale) I "earned" $100 once by running naked thru a mall when i was 17.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He seems to win these sports prop bets, I saw one were he had to make a 3 point shot and he did it. I believe Doug Polk was there, it was a video.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You definitely have a point with the image it can produce. To me, it was fun to watch some of the prop bets transpire, but now they seem so overdone, overused, etc.

You have a good point that it is all in good fun. I just hope mainstreamers aren't using this info against us when they try to legalize poker in the US.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brings me back to my pool hall days... Man we did some dumb prop bets haha people will do anything for money. Also you find some hidden talents from the hustlers.