A former police officer pleaded guilty to participating in an illegal poker ring

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG- please please please- can't all dirty cops just do this. I wanna live in that world!
I say promote the guy to head of recruiting for the department!
Whatca wanna bet he was about to blow the whistle on a couple cop buddies who've been running drugs, taking bribes, beating, raping, stealing.....
So they got together and said, oh yeah, well he plays poker! For money!

......Sorry little biased

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There should be no such thing as illegal poker games. We live in the free world. Should be allowed to play poker anywhere anytime! Good Luck![emoji812]️

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think there are more important problems in the world than illegal games. And it would be better if the police directed their forces to solve serious problems.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so impossible, illegal Poker and therefore illegal, because it is impossible, and therefore punished, especially for the Guard! In fact he is the antithesis of this! No way! We must set an example, and he broke! Guilty! Not seriously of course, but is guilty!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Police regularly join in on pub,club or homegames where I live
Tax evasion a bad idea though if able to license it properly or is prohibition in force in that part of the world?:confused:

Last edited:
ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately gambling is a felony in many states. When these laws were created the penalties and minimums may have seemed reasonable but these laws are never adjusted for inflation as they just remain on the books year after year verbatim.

So decades later what once may have been considered a large amount of money to gamble is now a pittance and can land you felony charges.

Police organizations love nothing more than an easy bust where they can steal a bunch of cash legally, get their adrenaline rush, all while minimizing the risk of safety to their fellow gang members.

Land of the free? Try land of the highest percentage of the population incarcerated in the 'free' world.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gambling a felony to me thats just too weird and insane to comprehend.
Putting a bet on something like sports,horses and poker long list here is normal creates employment.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the cops should play more often the poker game !

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have plaid with cops before. I thought it was a misdemeanor. shame he was easy money too.