Can You Win Without the Help Programs?

K

KWILD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a decent amount of success playing online from 2005 - 2009 playing online averaging 20K profit over the last two years of that stretch after starting with Free Rolls. I quit playing after a number of reasons most notably my son being diagnosed with Leukemia. I have started playing on pokerstars again starting in December. Built up from Free Rolls to $200 playing strictly playing tournaments. My question is am I playing on an even playing field as I do not use any kind of programs to track players etc. Am I a dinosaur that had better get with the times or get out?

S

suricato35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think tracking programs are good when u're multitabling hard. With 8-10+ tables u can't really pay attention on what the other guys are doing.

With fewer tables the tracking programs might help, but your personal observation on that specific day can be more valuable than the one that programs offer.

K

KWILD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think tracking programs are good when u're multitabling hard. With 8-10+ tables u can't really pay attention on what the other guys are doing.

With fewer tables the tracking programs might help, but your personal observation on that specific day can be more valuable than the one that programs offer.
I am a dinosaur as any more than 3 tables is too much for me!

E

enzoen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It could be a winner playing without any tracking software, Exitos

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I playing without any program. Just playing my style and with my knowledge which i leared in my 10years carer... ;)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very possible.

I know someone who won $5500 without using any program.

But I do admit, people using it has an edge over those whos not.

O

oshriosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you can win without the help of programs but it is muce easyer with programs since they give u an advantage on your arivials

S

suricato35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you can win without the help of programs but it is muce easyer with programs since they give u an advantage on your arivials

In parts... u can misread someone when relying too much on the program. If the player changes his style and u just look at the stats on the hud you'll be easily outplayed.

I am a dinosaur as any more than 3 tables is too much for me!

Then i don't think not using a tracker will be a disadvantage for you :D

CaioCesar009

CaioCesar009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play without programs :) and have good results

arty220

arty220

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I became to use HM2 2 weeks ago, not sure that my win/rate increased too much.

IAmLegions

IAmLegions

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can win for sure without programs, but lately i've been using one and must say it does help my play.

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i preffer paying attention to the game...i can't serach all the players that goes trough my table in an 5000 people turney

IAmLegions

IAmLegions

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i preffer paying attention to the game...i can't serach all the players that goes trough my table in an 5000 people turney

Well i do use Jivaro, attention still stays on the table, as for sharkscope i use that when i am in the money.

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use PT4 and not just for the tracking. It really helps you evaluate what works and what doesnt.

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I think every player who has patience and is using his brain can be profitable without any programs...

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is am I playing on an even playing field as I do not use any kind of programs to track players etc.

I use HM2 with Leak Buster
For me, playing without a HUD is OK, its just that if your playing cash games in a table for long periods of time, people using a HUD has more advantage than people who don't.

Am I a dinosaur that had better get with the times or get out?

If enjoy playing poker online, I believe it is best to play with the method you are more comfortable with.You can choose to get a HUD or play without one, its all up to you.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use any programs and I winn 2 tournament in cardshat serie untill know....

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it is possible. I play without them and can win some tourneys, and get good results.

But, it's undeniable that programs can help.

meagain00

H

hampus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play without any programs. i am a macbook user so i can't use that jivaro, it looks very good - if it drops on mac imma cop that :)

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play without programs,i think that will probably distract me

messer21

messer21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to learn to play with programs such as my will play much better without me than with FPDB .. but in the world today is very important to play with them.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regardless without a program like hm2 or pt4 you are costing yourself money and the program pays for itself.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The times changed and the situation is no longer the same as the old days. If you look you will notice that there various changes significant, as for example, the structure of the game.