What is your favorite or "must have" top poker tool?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We want to come up with a comprehensive list of best or top poker tools, and I thought, who better to ask than the players themselves?

What tools have you found particularly useful in your game? We're looking for tools that are 'legal' to use on sites, and popular among players. There are the biggies, like PokerTracker, Holdem Manager, Equilab, and of course CardsChat's odds calculator and hand-replayer, but what are some others that you use regularly?

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for this interesting thread, I have never used any tool, but I would like to use it sometime
It will be very interesting to see the most used tools today here in this thread

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really interesting thread idea, and I'd love to see what people are using as I love the idea of learning with software.

As already mentioned PT4 is my favourite, but among more niche one I like the push/fold quiz on float the turn and pushbot spreadsheet which allows me to understand how to tweak push/fold ranges in hypothetical scenarios against exploitable villains.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Really interesting thread idea, and I'd love to see what people are using as I love the idea of learning with software.

As already mentioned PT4 is my favourite, but among more niche one I like the push/fold quiz on float the turn and pushbot spreadsheet which allows me to understand how to tweak push/fold ranges in hypothetical scenarios against exploitable villains.
Can you provide a link to the pushbot spreadsheet? Is that from a site or something you worked up? And also the push/fold quiz?

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure.
**Mod edit: thanks! I've added to my research list!**

(Not quite sure why the DL link for manual is 1.1 but It still explains what you need to know, maybe somebody has a link to the newest version, this is a very old tool though).

FTT Quiz :

https://floattheturn.com/wp/quiz/

Both these tools are for learning short stack push/fold.

Another tool that is good for this purpose not yet mentioned in this thread is ICMIZER ( https://www.icmpoker.com/ ) and is better than the ones posted above but is a paid tool (can icimize 1 free solution per day though).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sure.
**Mod edit: thanks! I've added to my research list!**

(Not quite sure why the DL link for manual is 1.1 but It still explains what you need to know, maybe somebody has a link to the newest version, this is a very old tool though).

FTT Quiz :

https://floattheturn.com/wp/quiz/

Both these tools are for learning short stack push/fold.

Another tool that is good for this purpose not yet mentioned in this thread is ICMIZER ( https://www.icmpoker.com/ ) and is better than the ones posted above but is a paid tool (can icimize 1 free solution per day though).
Thanks for that! I've removed the download links for now until I can get a closer look, but will be researching them.

Anyone else have must-haves to add?

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker for HUD and review hands, ICMIZER for push/fold in short stack and bubble, Equilab to analyze the hands. And if you play in high stake, you should use Piosolver to play GTO. It's kind of expensive but it's very important to play in a high level when you have many ideas to play your hands. Most top players spend a lot of times with Piosolver to improve their games.

G

gazujii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still a new player leaning the ropes but finding DriveHUD very useful for me. I play on Stars so not all the HUD features are available but I like the easy to ready and understand stats for reviewing purposes too.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still use SitNGo Wizard almost daily.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll likely add those too. :)

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the game I used only the usual poker calculator available on the pokernews website. After a month of playing, I knew the percentage chances by heart. When I get to the final table of the tournament I like to check in Sharscope who I am dealing with.

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We want to come up with a comprehensive list of best or top poker tools, and I thought, who better to ask than the players themselves?

What tools have you found particularly useful in your game? We're looking for tools that are 'legal' to use on sites, and popular among players. There are the biggies, like PokerTracker, Holdem Manager, Equilab, and of course CardsChat's odds calculator and hand-replayer, but what are some others that you use regularly?
I don't use any software because at the moment I don't have access to PC, so I play only via mobile phone and I have tried to install some but it doesn't work actually I can't even install bcs it doesn't support android OS.
Maybe you can advise me (and I'm not the only one who is going to need that info for sure) what software I can use via android? Since I don't use any software I believe that any kind of advice will help me a lot.

[by the way my poker skills are improving daily and cardschat forum helped me a lot to understand how to play and more importantly to read the opponents, the thing that I never do properly before and the course "how to become a winning poker player in a 30 days" is gold for me, I find it very useful. That's why I totally open for any advice from the CC crew/community]

So I'm totally open for any advice and I'll try it out for sure!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't use any software because at the moment I don't have access to PC, so I play only via mobile phone and I have tried to install some but it doesn't work actually I can't even install bcs it doesn't support android OS.
Maybe you can advise me (and I'm not the only one who is going to need that info for sure) what software I can use via android? Since I don't use any software I believe that any kind of advice will help me a lot.

[by the way my poker skills are improving daily and cardschat forum helped me a lot to understand how to play and more importantly to read the opponents, the thing that I never do properly before and the course "how to become a winning poker player in a 30 days" is gold for me, I find it very useful. That's why I totally open for any advice from the CC crew/community]

So I'm totally open for any advice and I'll try it out for sure!
That's great news about the course - I am happy it is helping so many people!

Honestly I don't really use tools myself, since I just play recreationally these days. It would depend on what kind of software you want to use, and from there searching to see if they have Apps.

I can tell you that our poker odds calculator is repsonsive with mobile: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

You can use this to run equity on hands that you played, if you were unsure if you made the right call.

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont use poker tools.... i feel its cheating in a way...
in real tournaments in person you have nothing but your own mind at your disposal... youre fooling yourself if you think youre learning anything by having a computer automate everything for you.

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont use poker tools.... i feel its cheating in a way...
in real tournaments in person you have nothing but your own mind at your disposal... youre fooling yourself if you think youre learning anything by having a computer automate everything for you.

OK but what about using the tool to analyze spots AFTER the tournament. WHat if there was a hand where you were really unsure if you made the right decision. You can load the hand history, plug it into ICMizer and look at the numbers.

It doesn't make sense to use these tools on the fly and during the tournament because you wouldn't have time to run the analysis anyway!

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DriveHUD for HUD, Leakbuster for cash game and ICMIZER for tournament/SnG analysis

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to pick one to be honest as they all do different things well so I'm going to have to give a few lol

So in terms of tracking software for me its Poker Tracker 4 it's well supported and once you get competent with the filters and reports you can find out virtually anything about your own game.

After that it's got to be Flopzilla for me. I think a lot of people see it as the same as Equilab and why pay for Flopzilla when you can have Equilab for free? Well flopzilla does much more than Equilab from looking at range vs range interactions to seeing how ranges hit different flop textures to doing your standard equity calculations Flopzilla does it all in a user friendly intuitive program.

And lastly if your getting into GTO I think GTO+ is the place to start its an affordable solver opton which can interact with flopzilla and again is user friendly.

If I was more of a Tourney player I guess ICMizer would have to make the list too.