What to use to track gameplay?

S

slicksam23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question About HUDs

Is there any programs to buy like a hud but only for you? Like something that tracks your performance only

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any programs to buy like a hud but only for you? Like something that tracks your performance only

Hi Slick,

The HUD programs also include exactly that--tracking your own performance. I don't know if I've ever heard of one that ONLY tracks your side of the game. Are you asking to try and find a cheaper alternative, or because you only want to track yourself?

S

slicksam23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Slick,

The HUD programs also include exactly that--tracking your own performance. I don't know if I've ever heard of one that ONLY tracks your side of the game. Are you asking to try and find a cheaper alternative, or because you only want to track yourself?

I guess it doesn't matter if it tracks others also really just want something to track mine whats the best software or the one most use I'm brand-new to HUDs in general

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it doesn't matter if it tracks others also really just want something to track mine whats the best software or the one most use I'm brand-new to HUDs in general

You'll find several threads in the forum on this. The 2 best known are Hold'em Manager (HEM) and Poker Tracker -- now version 4 (PT4).

In general, if you're going to invest in software, you should get the software that gives you the most options. But it is important to note that some sites, like Bovada, don't allow tracker software and neither of these big two will work there. There is a newer tracker specifically for Bovada, I think it is called Hold'em Indicator. You can also find information about it in this forum. Just use the Search or go to the section on Poker Tools.

S

slicksam23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok thanks yea i play on bovada going to expand to carbon and acr soon too ill look around

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You are looking for a TRACKER, not a HUD. The two most popular Trackers are PokerTracker 4 (our software) and Holdem Manager 2; both applications include a HUD. The HUD is a feature of the Tracker, it is an in game performance enhancement tool that uses the tracker to display the HUD. HUD stands for Heads Up Display, it is overlayed on top of the table while you are playing - you can disable the HUD if you don't want to use it while using a tracker. Think of it this way: HUDs are optional - it is a personal choice to use a HUD or not, but virtually everyone can benefit by using a Tracker to track their personal results.

S

slicksam23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are looking for a TRACKER, not a HUD. The two most popular Trackers are PokerTracker 4 (our software) and Holdem Manager 2; both applications include a HUD. The HUD is a feature of the Tracker, it is an in game performance enhancement tool that uses the tracker to display the HUD. HUD stands for Heads Up Display, it is overlayed on top of the table while you are playing - you can disable the HUD if you don't want to use it while using a tracker. Think of it this way: HUDs are optional - it is a personal choice to use a HUD or not, but virtually everyone can benefit by using a Tracker to track their personal results.

ok cool and do either of those work with bovada? Will the tracker work if i turn the hud off?

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can use "Bovada HH converter" by ace poker solutions to get your hands into PT so you can track your stats. But the HUD is not supported on Bovada.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah you can get a poker database App and the bovada poker catcher. Then HUD it up.

S

SmokinAces42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is all good advice given but just be sure that whatever software you get works for the poker client you are playing on. Also they all should offer free trials so get some basics down during that time and also to decide which you prefer. I personally like Holdem Manager 2 but to each its own. Also to answer your initial question you have the same if not a more detailed hud for yourself along with the other players so you will always have your stats in addition to your table mates. I haven't tried but you may be able to turn off or at least slide the other huds off screen if you don't want their info. But to my knowledge the main reason for a HUD is to quickly be able to categorize and play against players you are unfamiliar with to gain statistical read info quickly especially when you multi-table. Since it is difficult if not humanly impossible to watch that many players to gain reads that is where your HUD comes in so it is more beneficial to have their info than yours since you also have out of game detailed analysis of your play as well. Good Luck!

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im a bit green on the software side of poker,

Too start I just want to see how many hands I have played and how much return in % im making for those hands at a certain level.

Ive searched but poker tracker looks more advanced than I need at the moment,

thanks for reading.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im a bit green on the software side of poker,

Too start I just want to see how many hands I have played and how much return in % im making for those hands at a certain level.

Ive searched but poker tracker looks more advanced than I need at the moment,

thanks for reading.

PokerTracker stores your entire hand history and then saves it in a database so you can review the hands you played after the game is done. This includes win rate information you are looking for, but also so much more. Consider it to be an encyclopedia of your own play, the best way to improve as a player is by reviewing your play to find scenarios where you made mistakes... only a tracker can perform that for you.

PokerTracker has a free 30 day trial if you want to explore.

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you tried using your brain... ;)

its a great tool if you use it properly

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure what all you are looking for. If this is tournaments, you can use a spreadsheet, write down each buyin and winnings paid. Then, you can figure out your ROI.

If cash, winnings are not measured in ROI, but in straight profit. You can measure the increase in bankroll every session and keep it in a notebook or spreadsheet.

We also offer a 30-day trial that you can use to see if we meet your needs.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
holdemmanager, best purchase i ever made. (didn't even purchase it, got it for free as an affiliate at stars) :D

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do I do this?
Looking to track cash game returns.

if you go to there website and click on the 'get it free' tab you'll see, there are some requirements you have to meet in order to get it but there pretty easy.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker have "Get It Free" offers available for players, but in truth the vast majority of our users tend to purchase PokerTracker 4 rather than use the Get It Free option because they wish to play on a site where the Get It Free options do not exist. Its a personal choice.

Last edited:
playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you go to there website and click on the 'get it free' tab you'll see, there are some requirements you have to meet in order to get it but there pretty easy.

Only works if your not already on the site,

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
holdemmanager, best purchase i ever made. (didn't even purchase it, got it for free as an affiliate at stars) :D

+1

thou i did paid for it, i already had accounts on every major pokersite there was only red kings available :eek:

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Software 2 track my own gameplay??

Hey Chatters :hello:

So I recently read that Pokertracker is used to track your opponents gameplay.
Tbh I would prefer just to track my own stats, can anyone tell me if there is a program out there that would track my stats so I can pin point my leaks etc?

Thanks in advance :)

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokertracker will track your own stats too...

Top 10 Games