What do you think about this list of poker training apps?

T

TheShark77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!!

I've encountered this website with top 10 poker training Apps list.
I knew most of them, but some were completely new to me, like DTO poker for example. What do you think about the order of the apps in the list, and do you have specific thoughts on any of the apps ?

https://top10pokertrainingapps.com/

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already used, PokerSnowie (software) and APT, the bests for me so far
PokerSnowie, one of the bests for training against A.I (cool) and for hand reviews/analysis in my opinion, nice layout
APT- really good to training spots and strategies

B

betbetallin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also saw that list and tried most of the apps. The only good mobile App from this list is DTO, but if you want good training app for desktop, the best one that will teach you optimal strategies is Simple GTO Trainer. As far as I know guys from Simple GTO Trainer also plan to launch mobile app soon, it probably will become best on the market cause they are doing great tools.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am convinced that the best poker training is to play poker. Do not complicate anything, just play. With experience, understanding will come to you.

T

TheShark77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already used, PokerSnowie (software) and APT, the bests for me so far
PokerSnowie, one of the bests for training against A.I (cool) and for hand reviews/analysis in my opinion, nice layout
APT- really good to training spots and strategies
Do you think they are suitable for beginners as well ?
I personally found both as interesting, but the main feedback I got from my friends using them is that they lack the explanation behind the tips.

T

TheShark77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also saw that list and tried most of the apps. The only good mobile app from this list is DTO, but if you want good training app for desktop, the best one that will teach you optimal strategies is Simple GTO Trainer. As far as I know guys from Simple GTO Trainer also plan to launch mobile app soon, it probably will become best on the market cause they are doing great tools.
Why do you find DTO better than others ? Are you talking about UI ? Or generally about the poker advice ?

T

TheShark77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am convinced that the best poker training is to play poker. Do not complicate anything, just play. With experience, understanding will come to you.
So are you advocating there is no need to learn and study? So why are 95% of the poker players are losing money on the longrun? It's a zero-sum game, you have to get better than your opponents, I find it hard to believe that just playing will give you enough to be a winner.

B

betbetallin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you find DTO better than others ? Are you talking about UI ? Or generally about the poker advice ?
UI + Strategy that it suggests. Also, now postflop+ is also quite good after many updates. I suppose that now Postflop+ > DTO.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Icmizer is really good

B

betbetallin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Icmizer is really good
the interface is very overloaded and not adapted for modern mobile devices. it allows to train only push/fold preflop spots; now there are many more adanced solvers with more advanced strategies

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the interface is very overloaded and not adapted for modern mobile devices. it allows to train only push/fold preflop spots; now there are many more adanced solvers with more advanced strategies
But it helped me a lot in streamlining my decisions..experiences vary from person to person :)

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you for posting this, I was looking for a list like this.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't think that you can develop advanced strategies like ICM by just playing...
You do not have the time to calculate an optimal play against ranges at the table...

If you don't study theoretical concepts you will get stuck playing beginners poker without ever advancing. The advanced concepts and strategies are very complex and hard to master even if you do study. If you only play you do not only need to master them, you need to first develop them. Why try to reinvent the wheel when you can just use one?

I would personally take a look at the tournament coach app if i would buy a poker app. The contents are from Jonathan Little and i personally liked the stuff i saw from him, so this is just 100% subjective opinion...