Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
This is additional software for analyzing player statistics. But personally I do not use such programs. I try to improve my skills using only my own potential.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
They give you an understanding of other players style.
I play hudless most times these days as I found the Hud stats can lead u astray.
You can try and work out players styles when you see them either play good, or make obvious mistakes.
Just take good notes and color code them.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NUD (head-up display) is a unique tool for online poker compared to live games. It serves to display data about your opponents in real time. Poker is a game of information and the more information we have, the better the game we can demonstrate. But, the availability of information is useless, as long as you do not know how to interpret it correctly. In this article I will tell you about many statistical indicators, including those that I usually do not use myself. You can display and sort out a bunch of stats, but one fine day you will still dwell on some personal and convenient set of statistical indicators that is convenient for you. The statistics used very much depend on your playing style. I play in the LAS style and you will probably notice that I am always interested in how often an opponent folds and how I can use it. If you play in the TAG-style, then perhaps you should focus on indicators that reflect the tendencies of your opponents to call with worse hands, etc. The time you spent on serious work on analyzing statistical indicators, setting them up and optimizing is more than compensated by the savings time for making decisions at the tables and profit from the game ..
ba2d5c5ee68dda70aac44ee21730d6c9.png

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BASIC INDICATORS

VPIP This is one of the most important statistical indicators that tells us how often our opponents invest money in the bank on their own initiative (i.e., if a player for several hands does not make bets, except for the mandatory blinds, then this indicator will be zero). I use the color scheme for this stat, which helps me quickly see how many or how few hands my opponent is playing, and make quick assumptions about the type of player.

PFR This stat is always used in conjunction with VPIP and I also have a color scheme configured for it. This indicator characterizes how often the opponent raises preflop. Always consider PFR regarding VPIP. The VPIP / PFR 17/15 and 72/15 stats are a huge difference. Also, this statistic is quite rigidly tied to ATS.

cyrilflorendooo

cyrilflorendooo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It simply says the moves that your opponents do

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for the info I think I will stay with what I know.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUD is short for Heads Up Display and is a function of programs called trackers. A tracker collect hand histories from all the hands, you played at a poker site, which allow you to look at them later and analyse your game.

If it is allowed by the poker site, you can also choose to enable the HUD. As others have explained, the HUD will show in real time statistics about, how your opponents have played in previous hands, where you were sitting at the same table as them.

Basically this is usefull for making adjustments. If you notice, that someone has hardly been playing a hand for the last hour, but now he suddenly go all in preflop or on the flop, then you can safely assume, he have something very good, so unless you have the nuts, you can pretty much just fold and not pay him off.

If on the other hand he has been all in preflop or on the flop 5 times in the last 14 hands, you can assume, he is a wild player, who is just splashing his chips around. So if he goes all in on the flop again, and you have something pretty good but not nutted like top pair good kicker, maybe this is the time to give him action and hope for the best.

This is a very simple example, and for the wild guy, you dont really need a HUD. You just need two eyes to observe, what he is doing. But the other guy, the nit, can be more difficult to spot, especially if you play multible tables, and this is where, the tracker and HUD is helpful.

NOORI

NOORI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD are most of the times delivered with a tracker that helps you check your long-term profitability and spot your weaknesses. In my opinion, it is the real added-value to a HUD/tracker.

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are HUD used for just cash games or can they also be give you valuable info on opponents in tournament play?

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For tournament games, larger hand samples are required than for cash games

Lutring87

Lutring87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
This is additional software for analyzing player statistics. But personally I do not use such programs. I try to improve my skills using only my own potential.

Thank you so far I didn't know, but I understood from this answer :)
I have never used or used such programs, I never consider it a bit dirty to know my opponent without direct play ... :)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you know the best free HUD?

Pokertracker has a 30 day free trial

When used properly I don't think there is anything more powerful than a finely tuned HUD

Here are the stats I use in mine to maximize my edge on the competition

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pretty sure Attila was a hud.