Warning to potential HM2 upgraders
This new version of holdem manager is a buggy and incomplete release, I am requesting a refund for this software which is a beta version at best.
There are many forum posts about it and the major consensus seems to be that they released that software way too early with dozens of posts about issues of features not working correctly and also the lag/delay with even 8 tabling Pokerstars
with HM2, Tableninja and Notecaddy. It really is unplayable already with 8 tables, no multitabling possible at all.
In the press release on HM2 Is In The Store! from November 1st they claim:
"HM2 was in beta for over 6 months and is being launched with the same commitment to outstanding support and customer service that helped Hold’em Manager establish a new standard in poker software support."
Yet I have received a key for "HM2 Alpha Evalutation" on August 1st 2011. How can it have been beta tested for half a year if they only sent out alpha evaluations to paying customers 3 months before that release? And how can it be an "Award winning software" if it can't even be used for 8-tabling on a quad core, 8GB Ram, 64bit system with SSD drives. I feel ripped off and abused as a beta tester instead of a paying customer. They obviously spent too much time and effort on marketing and hyping this release instead of testing and improving it first, probably nobody of the developers even using it themselves under real world conditions.
I have been a loyal, happy and very quiet customer of HM1 for years now but my anger in regard to this issue boils over and I will become more and more vocal about it on forums now which is the only reason I registered here today, to warn people of the dubious practices this company has adopted recently. This is simply unacceptable, taking money from customers for an unfinished product, next asking them to work on the beta testing by sending logfiles, making screenshots and explaining errors. They should pay beta testers to do that and not the other way round that we as customers pay and then have to work for them to make the product usuable!
Worst of all is that upgrading to HM2 invalidates your HM1 license. Seeing that HM2 is not usable under daily, real world conditions and having HM1 license invalidated this is just a nightmare. Also they drag out refund requests and are currently overwhelmed with negative feedback and support requests so for the next couple months until this software is actually usable I can only recommend to avoid this mess completely.