Using software when playing poker.

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am a relatively new poker player and I am concerned about the fact that more experienced players play with the software (permitted)

I propose to make sure that players with software can only see statistics from the same players
and those who play purely on their own were not exposed to any programs! that is, there were no statistics visible on them!

it is difficult to form a thought in a foreign language sorry for many mistakes
in general, the essence of the topic in 2 words
if the player does not play with the software, then the statistics should not be visible on him, I
think it will be fair!

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to the forum Split,

It is true that the use of helpful software (also known as HUD) can be seen as unfair advantage especially by those who are new to the game. Some poker sites have addressed this issue by banning the use of HUDs. So today many players already have (at least in theory) the option to choose if they are willing to play on a site that allows HUDs e.g. pokerstars or on a site that doesn't e.g. partypoker. One thing is for sure. The question of HUDs will continue to divide people's opinions.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use software. Players using HUD will not have this advantage in real life at the tables. However, you must understand that this is online. People pay to have more opportunities. Technology does not stand still.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I am a relatively new poker player and I am concerned about the fact that more experienced players play with the software (permitted)

I propose to make sure that players with software can only see statistics from the same players
and those who play purely on their own were not exposed to any programs! that is, there were no statistics visible on them!

it is difficult to form a thought in a foreign language sorry for many mistakes
in general, the essence of the topic in 2 words
if the player does not play with the software, then the statistics should not be visible on him, I
think it will be fair!

Your concern is clear. But I believe that no restrictions are necessary in this matter. Statistics will not allow you to play better. Fans of programs do not achieve great results. Everything is decided by a person's natural skills and their poker skills.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, that would be very difficult to implement, since the computer of a player does not know, and should not know, what software is running on the computers of other players. Maybe it could be done somehow, if poker sites and software makers work together, but its much easier for a site to just not allow the use of 3. party software. And as others have said, there are several such sites already, so just play there. GG Poker and PartyPoker are probably the best known.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, it doesn't matter what additional software my opponents use or don't use. For me, my own skills, my experience and my decisions during the game are more important. If you are a beginner, try to start playing for the sake of the game and do not think about additional software of your opponents.

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you're right, there are rooms where software is prohibited.
Thanks, I completely forgot about it
but it's still a pity that PS didn't do the same as party poker ((