Urgent! If you had $200-300 what software/tool would you buy?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Y'all,
I've been researching a lot looking at trackers & equity tools that I need to buy asap!
I'm interested in something I can pay annually (at or under $100) or lifetime
I don't want to mention anything here but I've looked at all the major tools out there so please let me know your recommendations!
Hugely appreciated!
Happy Holidays!

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokertracker and holdem manager are both great.
If you would like to study GTO, PIOsolver is expensive but a lot of high stakes players use it, also DTO poker trainer is a cheaper but valuable tool.
My only advice would be to use the trial version of any software first and then decide if you would want to purchase it.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To clarify my question if you could buy two tools what would you buy?

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience, discipline and experience are the three main factors that shape a successful player. They are not for sale.
But if you have extra $ 300, buy a quality monitor.
LOL you're they're right, they're not! I've got 2/3 & strengthening the 3rd, discipline which gets better with time.
I'm using a laptop which is barely holding up right now so a monitor or two would be helpful but before that I need a desk, a gaming pc (if possible), a comfortable office chair, & some poker tools before a monitor though!
Thanks

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokertracker and holdem manager are both great.
If you would like to study GTO, PIOsolver is expensive but a lot of high stakes players use it, also DTO poker trainer is a cheaper but valuable tool.
My only advice would be to use the trial version of any software first and then decide if you would want to purchase it.

Hey Xrhstos,
Lol or Hi Jesus, Yeah I've tried the free trials of almost all name brand software out there
Yeah PIOsolver is a must have but not right now for me as you can see by my question that I'm on a budget.
I got DTO poker trainer free trial on my phone, I haven't seen the pricing yet, might get it
Thanks

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Y'all,
I've been researching a lot looking at trackers & equity tools that I need to buy asap!
I'm interested in something I can pay annually (at or under $100) or lifetime
I don't want to mention anything here but I've looked at all the major tools out there so please let me know your recommendations!
Hugely appreciated!
Happy Holidays!

If you are a cash game player
1) Pokertracker / Hold'em Manager
2) Training site membership (big pokercoaching sale atm http://gripsed.com/pokercoaching
3) Flopzilla to be able to run the spots

When you've got the bigger budget PIOsolver, but the above 3 until then

If you are a tournament player
1) sharkscope membership
2) Pokertracker / Hold'em Manager
3) ICMIZER to be able to study the spots

Honestly beyond a tracker, access to some good knowledge and a simple study tool you should be good to go. Combine that with a solid study regimen and healthy habits that keep you on your A-Game and you should do great!

Since you mentioned you're on a budget, if you'd like some free training courses

For cash - http://gripsed.com/pgms

For tournaments - http://gripsed.com/free

Good luck & Happy stackin brother!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend you Hold'em Manager works for cash and for tournaments

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao
i vote for Poker Copilot, FlopzillaPro & StarsCaption

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reply from the Gripsed MAN himself!! :))

I actually wrote a reply but got deleted (when it refreshed prob cuzz I was taking my time lol)
It went along the lines of how excited I was to hear from you, big fan especially of the old stuff like How to prepare for a tournament stands out, project #getmestacking lol
Anyway pleasure Evan, I was also pleased to see that I actually got almost everything you said. I also remember finding the link you shared of really good value last time I checked, Luckily for me as I'm a lucky fellow :p I got or won rather a free membership from TPE so I'm good for now but I got a feeling I'm gonna get some courses or packs in the future as I really enjoy Johnatan Little's quizzes.
So I finally got a couple software just under $200, so I got Hm3, Flopzilla & Icimizer.
Gonna spend the rest on the bankroll. Stars, Party & guess?..... Pokerbros :D
It's like I subconsciously held these 3 tools from your answer as I was looking at almost every tool out there.
Stay Ez! GL on & off the felt my man!
Much Love & respect,
Azariya
If you are a cash game player
1) Pokertracker / Hold'em Manager
2) Training site membership (big pokercoaching sale atm http://gripsed.com/pokercoaching
3) Flopzilla to be able to run the spots

When you've got the bigger budget PIOsolver, but the above 3 until then

If you are a tournament player
1) Sharkscope membership
2) Pokertracker / Hold'em Manager
3) ICMIZER to be able to study the spots

Honestly beyond a tracker, access to some good knowledge and a simple study tool you should be good to go. Combine that with a solid study regimen and healthy habits that keep you on your A-Game and you should do great!

Since you mentioned you're on a budget, if you'd like some free training courses

For cash - http://gripsed.com/pgms

For tournaments - http://gripsed.com/free

Good luck & Happy stackin brother!

O

oreal52

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerTracker and Flopzilla.No question.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off if your a MTT or SnG player ICMizer is hands down your most important tool....

Then PokerTracker4....

Now this is where I'm a little diffrent then everyone else.... instead of getting Flopzilla, I just use the free Equilabs for equity calculations, and focus my funds on PIOsolver. A GTO Solver for every street is gonna be a lot more beneficial long term then one that will only give you the reverse calculations for flops like Flopzilla does.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this the infamous Kristi?

Hey Kristi,
great to hear from you
I was pleasantly surprised by yout recommendation, namely StarsCaption.
I've never heard of it but it looks super useful shows odds? & a bunch of other stuff hopefully it integreates with Hold em Hud
Thank you so much!
hi hi :ciao
i vote for Poker Copilot, FlopzillaPro & StarsCaption

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Kristi,
great to hear from you
I was pleasantly surprised by yout recommendation, namely StarsCaption.
I've never heard of it but it looks super useful shows odds? & a bunch of other stuff hopefully it integreates with Hold em Hud
Thank you so much!
hi hi az :ciao:
no no lol... i not famous at all... i am krista
stars caption is great works perfect with pokerstars
is also one available for 888 & partypoker
hugs

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, discipline and experience are the three main factors that shape a successful player. They are not for sale.

But if you have extra $ 300, buy a quality monitor.

Excellent post.

B

betbetallin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple GTO Trainer significantly better than DTO, it has much more spots, provide more detailed info about strategy, more functional and could be used on the desktop. I recommend you to purchase a couple of preconfigured training packs in Simple GTO Trainer

B

betbetallin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First off if your a MTT or SnG player ICMizer is hands down your most important tool....

Then PokerTracker4....

Now this is where I'm a little diffrent then everyone else.... instead of getting Flopzilla, I just use the free Equilabs for equity calculations, and focus my funds on PIOsolver. A GTO Solver for every street is gonna be a lot more beneficial long term then one that will only give you the reverse calculations for flops like Flopzilla does.
instead ICMizer I would recommend Simple Nash. It has the same functionality but absolutely free.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you'r playing in PS, almost all HUD works there so you wont have any problem with that, just choose the one that you like. Unless if you'r playing 6+ where the best choice would be DriveHUD. For off table study, ICMizer for MTT and leakbuster for cash game.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi az :ciao:
no no lol... i not famous at all... i am krista
stars caption is great works perfect with pokerstars
is also one available for 888 & partypoker
hugs
Hey Krista,
No you'r infamous in the Cardschat scene :D
I wish I came here first, I tried getting a trial license but they never sent it & so I didn't know whether they're still operating for both Party & Pokerstars.
Can you please confirm? :)

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Krista,
No you'r infamous in the Cardschat scene :D
I wish I came here first, I tried getting a trial license but they never sent it & so I didn't know whether they're still operating for both Party & Pokerstars.
Can you please confirm? :)
hi hi Az :ciao:
flattery get you everywhere lol
yes i use starscaption often, used it yesterday works just fine
the one for partypoker works as well as does the 888 one... for partypoker its super, one of the few extra software that functions in partypoker
hugs
krista

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi Az :ciao:
flattery get you everywhere lol
yes i use starscaption often, used it yesterday works just fine
the one for partypoker works as well as does the 888 one... for partypoker its super, one of the few extra software that functions in partypoker
hugs
krista
[emoji255] [emoji288]
Thanks YOU!
I was anxious at the time of writing but I've been using it daily. Also very top notch support!! I've still yet to utilize all the features but using odds hud & bet scripts for now. Also noticed that hm manager doesn't start on Stars if you're running Starscaption first, hm manager needs to be started first for anyone reading.
Thanks a lot Krista, made my life a bit easier, also my fav person to flirt with [emoji76]