SitNGo Wizard vs. ICMIZER which should I buy?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard them both highly acclaimed by great players.

ICMIZER costs $14.99 per month as cheap as $79.99 per year which is $6.67 per month.

SitNGo Wizard cost $99 for a lifetime license with free updates for life (I'm unsure how many updates are truly necessary, but I'm sure they come in handy from time to time).

so obviously from just a cost perspective the SitNGo wizard is a better deal.

but is there more for me to consider?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ICMizer

but neither are worth it unless you plan to do a ton of STT grinding... You have to justify the cost and make it worth while so you can make your money back and then some. Keep in mind also, you will really need to study up on the ins and outs of ICM. Unless you know someone who has the time to teach you, that will also cost money/time in the form of coaching sites/coaching/books, so it's not just the cost of the calculator.

If this is in regards to the shove/fold chart in the hyper thread, i'd be happy to spend a bit of time developing a micro hyper shove/fold for use by cardschatters. All we really need to do is work out some basic ranges and you can make a chart easily. So if you want i can make it in the hyper thread, you all can give you estimated ranges of random villians, i'll average that, and make a chart for all positions. Then it's just a matter of how to use it in game. I have time this week since i'm busy at work, and cannot play poker at all.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That sounds like a great idea! Yes, this is the main reason I want this software. Although I do need to spend some tine learning ICM better, but I'll wait until I have some time off work. I do have a coach who can teach me, but I'm low on time and he's in Vegas now till the end of the wsop.

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for asking the question, Jacki. It's been on my mind lately as well.

I'm also in the process of learning ICM. Are you familiar with ICM Trainer Light? It's a free download.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be careful with that bearplay, i can't say for sure but most of those use a nash equilbrium, which is totally unrealistic to real play. They can be great to study with, but they can also be detrimental if used incorrectly. Basically you can train yourself to call too wide in spots or shove to tight in spots.

Z

Zero2Hero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you consider an ICM detrimental to heads up only play? Say, heads up final at a SnG...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you consider an ICM detrimental to heads up only play? Say, heads up final at a SnG...

yep, because there is no ICM present in HU sng of any kind. each chip is worth that chip amount, and that won't change.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,I'm exploring this too and thinking about buying icmizer but I don't love the monthly payments. Also I think icimizer 3 is coming out soon. My understanding is that will look at all your hands in a tourney and show you where you are making the most costly errors which is pretty cool. Yes, no icm in heads up but I think you can set it to ev instead of icm for heads up play and also when you are way away from the money. Also tried sitandgo wizard and liked it but I'm waiting on the update so it starts working again with the new acr. It's not working for me right now. Would love to hear more from others on this.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,I'm exploring this too and thinking about buying icmizer but I don't love the monthly payments. Also I think icimizer 3 is coming out soon. My understanding is that will look at all your hands in a tourney and show you where you are making the most costly errors which is pretty cool. Yes, no icm in heads up but I think you can set it to ev instead of icm for heads up play and also when you are way away from the money. Also tried sitandgo wizard and liked it but I'm waiting on the update so it starts working again with the new acr. It's not working for me right now. Would love to hear more from others on this.

this thread is a little over 5 years old :p Jacki just made a deep run in WSOP :D
it's on top now so maybe you will get some feedback, good luck :)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Jaymfc! I didn't realize the thread was so old. I just did a search for icm programs on the forum. Yes, I saw Jacki making a deep run. Congrats Jacki!!!! You played fantastic. So cool! :) Did all the study with ICM help? Do you have a favorite icm program?