Sharkscope & Pokerprolabs confusion

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it interesting to check & compare some results/stats on players and it's weird cuz I noticed that both sites give different results/profit made for exact same player, period of time etc. And it's not a small difference but like prolabs would say a player has earned 80k this year while sharkscope shows same player 146k down, very weird...
I tend to believe sharkscope is more accurate but got no clue how those different numbers are calculated, both normally track all tourneys, sngs etc except for cash games.

Anyone knows?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not sure how accurate Pokerprolabs is but Sharkscope does have an issue with incomplete data. We use Sharkscope to help process Leaderboard results for CC freerolls and the data for WPN games wasn't tracked for quite a while after their software update.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure how accurate Pokerprolabs is but Sharkscope does have an issue with incomplete data. We use Sharkscope to help process Leaderboard results for CC freerolls and the data for WPN games wasn't tracked for quite a while after their software update.

That could be the reason, was that software update in 2020?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That could be the reason, was that software update in 2020?

It was, we weren't able to get anything from Sharkscope for close to a couple of months IIRC.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was, we weren't able to get anything from Sharkscope for close to a couple of months IIRC.

It's not just that tho, it's like prolabs gives players consistently "more profit" somehow, like they would not count rake for example but that seems unlikely..

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sharkscope tracks only tournaments ?? I guess nno cash games , spins or other games ???

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should be same for prolabs, sharkscope tracks spin&gos too and neither site tracks cash games.

Initially it seemed like sharkscope tracks spin&gos too but noticed now that on pokerstars & tigergaming they don't, for some reason..

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neither are accurate errors all over the place when compare against my deposit versus withdrawal records over the years,
All they are good for is a vague idea on a players ability on a limited amount of formats tournaments and sit and gos mainly,
Even then do not track bounties, rebuys, freeroll wins,rakeback and rewards also or even the right prizes and amount of players registered sometimes in tournaments is wrong.
Have played $100 buy in spin sessions for 8 to 10 hours sometimes for example against certain players over and over who do not play many tournaments and might have very little data on sharkscope you would be wrong to judge a player by one username on one site as they could be grinding many different sites with different usernames and formats not tracked properly.
Even GGpoker for example who have there own tracking software do not show my spin and gold play properly,
Results attached for this site for my spin and gold only.
I joined played for a few weeks then stopped when cleared a $600 welcome bonus.
Am up $1500 on this site but look at sharkscope it is crazy says down $500 every site I play on is the same completely wrong some saying am in profit when losing even also.
Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Last edited: