setting up hud for tournament play -what stats?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm setting up my first HUD PT4 and I only play tournaments. (micros and some Sit and Gos). Any advice on what statistics I should focus on for this? Also do tourney players filter the stats based on the number of big blinds a player has or just show all stats for all big blind ranges? If you don't set stats to show for specific stack sizes why don't you? Thanks so much for your advice!!!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Can show m-zone instead of BB? This will help a lot once antes grow, in my opinion.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no one correct right answer (although there are wrong ones!).

I use:
VPIP
PFR
3-Bet
Fold to 3-Bet
Att to Steal
Fold to Steal
C-Bet
Fold to C-Bet
Fold to Turn Bet
AFq
WTSD
M
Player Name
hands Abbreviated (# of hands)

The problem with filtering by stack size is sample size. Especially in MTTs, you are often dealing with a small sample even when considering all hands.

When short stacked or short-handed, I expect maniacs to be maniacs, Calling stations to be a bit more aggressive but still too passive, and good players of any sort to be aggressive but sane. So I make that adjustment in my head.

The nature of being short-stacked is that it takes a long time to get many hands against a villain. They quickly double-up or get eliminated.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u like having a HUD then u should go for Jivaro. It's by far the best 1 and very easy to read and use i honestly couldnt say 1 bad thing about it. Check it out.