Reputable software

C

Cam Shoesmith

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very new to using any kind of software help for my poker game. I'm hesitant to download just anything. Can people give me some software recommendations and what poker programs they are compatible with?

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm very new to using any kind of software help for my poker game. I'm hesitant to download just anything. Can people give me some software recommendations and what poker programs they are compatible with?

Hi. That is a pretty broad request, I think it might help if you indicated what you were interested in having the software do. Are you looking for a HUD (heads-up display) to keep stats while you play a specific pokersite? A program to help you determine whether a specific play is +EV?

C

Cam Shoesmith

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. That is a pretty broad request, I think it might help if you indicated what you were interested in having the software do. Are you looking for a HUD (heads-up display) to keep stats while you play a specific pokersite? A program to help you determine whether a specific play is +EV?

I am looking for a HUD yes.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem Manager, Poker Tracker, Hand to Note

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem Manager 2 itself will help you a lot with TRACKING but if you want further help tools, first buy the manager 2 but there are add-ons that themselves require further purchasing, one is for sit-n-go training, one for cash game detailed automatic reading of players in game etc.

I prefer HM to PT because it is much more user-friendly and the graphs are much prettier (yes literally the graph prettiness is a reason I chose it).

Note: pokerstars has confidentiality that other sites don't which means that unlike on 888 and partypoker, you have to opt-in to have public see your hand history and efficiency at earning, the pro of this is no one can really mock you as they can't see anything until you opt-in. The down-side is the software only reads opponents based on games you physically observe with them in (including ones you spectate which can be helpful).

volcov

volcov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never used any but I will see how this Holdem Manager works very well.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the best software for..

what would give you a detailed percentage of the hands you play to certain streets within the software. What websites if any do not require an opt in but instead force you to show all of your hands?

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
j have both HM2 &PT4, also trying the beta HM3 which ia actUally a revised PT4

PT4 is easy to use

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much does HM cost, does it really help???

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

HM2 and PT4

they are offering 1 month free trial.
and both have official support here, good luck.

PS: using google for download link:D

C

Cam Shoesmith

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem Manager 2 itself will help you a lot with TRACKING but if you want further help tools, first buy the manager 2 but there are add-ons that themselves require further purchasing, one is for sit-n-go training, one for cash game detailed automatic reading of players in game etc.

I prefer HM to PT because it is much more user-friendly and the graphs are much prettier (yes literally the graph prettiness is a reason I chose it).

Note: PokerStars has confidentiality that other sites don't which means that unlike on 888 and partypoker, you have to opt-in to have public see your hand history and efficiency at earning, the pro of this is no one can really mock you as they can't see anything until you opt-in. The down-side is the software only reads opponents based on games you physically observe with them in (including ones you spectate which can be helpful).

Thanks alot mate
Is it against the rules of party poker or poker stars

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold em manager and pokertracker both offer free trials. You can try them both out and decide for yourself. They offer very good technical support as well. Tutorial videos and information is readily available.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Note: PokerStars has confidentiality that other sites don't which means that unlike on 888 and partypoker, you have to opt-in to have public see your hand history and efficiency at earning, the pro of this is no one can really mock you as they can't see anything until you opt-in. The down-side is the software only reads opponents based on games you physically observe with them in (including ones you spectate which can be helpful).

Hey madman, I don't know about HM2 but i've had no problems importing hands from Stars using PT4. At the end of the day the hand histories are stored in your local machine, which is what the PT4 databases use.

In fact if you're forced to format your machine and re-install PT4 (without a PT4 db backup) you can reconstruct your DB using a backup of the hand histories, which is what I was forced to do once.

That said, partypoker anonimises cash games, so your hand histories read "Player 1,2,3,etc". This obv impacts your HUD during play and session analysis afterwards.