Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ccfrstats.jpg

So, I'm still getting use to PT3.. can anyone explain to me exactly what each stat means, like what does VP, PR, and AFq stand for? These were my stats for today's CC freeroll.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can use pt3 for CC freerolls?? I didn't know that lol

VP: voluntary chips put into pot
PR: preflop raising %
AFq: aggression factor

I'm sure other members will comment more on what exactly they mean

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can use pt3 for CC freerolls?? I didn't know that lol

VP: voluntary chips put into pot
PR: preflop raising %
AFq: aggression factor

I'm sure other members will comment more on what exactly they mean

Yep.. you can use PT3 for pretty much any cash or tournament, lol.

I figured PR was Preflop Raise, and had an idea about what VP meant.. didn't really know what AFq was.. this is all I needed to know.. thank you very much wsop!

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep.. you can use PT3 for pretty much any cash or tournament, lol.

I figured PR was Preflop Raise, and had an idea about what VP meant.. didn't really know what AFq was.. this is all I needed to know.. thank you very much WSOP!

i just didn't know about the freerolls that you could lol learn something everyday i guess

and no problem

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To follow up on the original question, what would be optimum numbers, if there is such a thing?

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VP: is voluntarily put money into pot....this is how often a certain villian puts money into the pot, i.e. meaning if they call a raise, call the blind etc... (this does not include when your on the blinds, i.e. the "voluntary" part)

Pr: Preflop raise, you were correct haha, but its just a stat concerning how often the villian raises preflop

AFQ- Total Aggression Frequency...which is how often villian makes bets into pot? I'm not positive on afq, but its something like that haha

your numbers show you were playing pretty tight, meaning you only put money into the pot 19% of the time and raised 14%...those are pretty TAG(tight aggresive) numbers and obviously, the 422 is how many hands you played in the tournament

As for the optimal numbers, it really depends on what style of play you use. A TAG may be anywhere from 10/8 to 20/16,

A LAG( loose aggresive) may run anywhere from 30/23 to 50/30

it all really depends on what style of play you choose to use, if you search the forums i'm sure someone has given a much better explanation than I can haha and more on the other features that pt3 has to offer, which are many, many more

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To follow up on the original question, what would be optimum numbers, if there is such a thing?
no such thing but once your are not playing like 80/0 you are ok

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Def no optimum. It all depends on what part of the tournament, the type of tournament, relative stack sizes, image, # of players at the table etc etc etc... plus personal style.

A super tight/nitty player (like yourself) probably plays around 10/8 or so for VPIP/ PFR. (I find that aggression stat useless myself) I pulled your stats from todays bodog CC tny, and at some point while we were 3 handed you'd played 14 / 11 over 91 hands. That is extremely tight especially considering how long there was short-handed play.

As reference, I tend to definitely not play tight when everyone else is nitting it up and I was playing something like 32/26 over the 200 hands I had played in that tournament.

Oskool, the 3rd guy at the table was more like 24/7.

What's that all mean? I was playing LAG. You were playing TAG and Oskool was playing weak-passive.

So as you can see, from th results of one tournament, clearly there is no optimum. (Though no offense to Oskool, but I you want your Raise % to be around 75% or more of your VPIP, or else you are playing passively. I wouldn't recommend his stat line, it means he was calling a lot preflop and seldom raising. ANd we all know that aggression is what wins)

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd suggest you check out AbsoluteHamm's HEM stat guide - I know that was for HEM but I think the two are close enough that it should give you an idea of what various stats mean.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Def no optimum. It all depends on what part of the tournament, the type of tournament, relative stack sizes, image, # of players at the table etc etc etc... plus personal style.

A super tight/nitty player (like yourself) probably plays around 10/8 or so for VPIP/ PFR. (I find that aggression stat useless myself) I pulled your stats from todays bodog CC tny, and at some point while we were 3 handed you'd played 14 / 11 over 91 hands. That is extremely tight especially considering how long there was short-handed play.

As reference, I tend to definitely not play tight when everyone else is nitting it up and I was playing something like 32/26 over the 200 hands I had played in that tournament.

*Thanks, How did you get the PT3 to work on Bodog? I couldn't. Any help is appreciated.

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*Thanks, How did you get the PT3 to work on Bodog? I couldn't. Any help is appreciated.

Make sure you have the most recent version....and then just follow the setup steps for bodog. My guess is that you didn't start bodog import as you were playing though?

http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT3/docs/?doc=bodogconf

GO to this link ^^^ it has the config instructions. If that doesn't work for you then post on their support forum - they will respond pretty quickly.

Note also that when you change tables the HUD often goes out and you need
to close the table and reopen it to get it to display correctly.

Definitely use their support forums though- they'll answer whatever issues you have - or you'll find that someone else already asked the same question and a little searching finds the answer.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Make sure you have the most recent version....and then just follow the setup steps for bodog. My guess is that you didn't start bodog import as you were playing though?

Thanks again, I think that's what happened. I started it about 40 minutes into the game as I was playing in a Rush game too and it was too confusing with the smaller screens.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've read part of AH's HEM guide before when I deciding what to get between HEM and PT3.. I ended up trying them both and went with PT3, so I stopped reading HEM. I might go back and read a bit up on it, if the stats are similar to PT3.

E

edgie212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also recommend Ed Miller's books, Small Stakes No-Limit Hold Em, and another e-book about playing 6-max which outlines the types of players according to their VP/PFR stats.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is not a stat question per-se, but I am aving trouble figuring this out.

I want to make a graph that combines my FTP progress with my PS progress. I have tried to use the filter to combine the two, but PT3 just ignores my request to include PS and only shows my FTP graph.

Anyone?

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not a stat question per-se, but I am aving trouble figuring this out.

I want to make a graph that combines my FTP progress with my PS progress. I have tried to use the filter to combine the two, but PT3 just ignores my request to include PS and only shows my FTP graph.

Anyone?

I know that for PS tournys / sngs you have to manually import your tourny results. You can request the info to be emailed to you.

If your talking about cash games, then i think it should work just the way your doing it.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know that for PS tournys / sngs you have to manually import your tourny results. You can request the info to be emailed to you.

If your talking about cash games, then i think it should work just the way your doing it.

I have the HH's already improted and on my database. I can get my Stars graph, and my FTP graph, but I just can't combine the two.

Still messing with filter settings, but I find myself just trying the same things over and over again with no results. Either I'm missing something obvious or it just can't be done. And I'm pretty sure it can be done...

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

No you dont Poker tracker auto imports all my sngs,

I have the HH's already improted and on my database. I can get my Stars graph, and my FTP graph, but I just can't combine the two.

Still messing with filter settings, but I find myself just trying the same things over and over again with no results. Either I'm missing something obvious or it just can't be done. And I'm pretty sure it can be done...

Have you combined your stars name and tilt names under aliases?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok, I got it figured out now. Thanks for the help lab man.