PokerTracker Reference Thread

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people had lobbied for a sticky/archive, so here is a cleaned up thread...

1. PokerTracker costs $55 (for one game, such as hold'em). It really is a HUGE value at that cost and there is simply no reason not to buy for it.

2. ChuckTs beginner's guide here.

3. **removed broken link**

4. **Removed broken link**

5. Here is a (somewhat dated) guide you can buy (for $20).

6. DM's article on tournament analysis here.

7. **removed broken links**

8. Some good [other] forum posts on stats here and here.

9. An article from Matt Hilger's site here.

10. A new version of PT is coming out shortly.

Anyone else have some they want to add?

Last edited by a moderator:
Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent stuff AG.

I suggest we leave here for a while to see what else can be added then clean it up and move to the Golden Archive :)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Suggestion AG, can you add a little description to some of the links, especially the ones that just say "here"

2) if it gets moved to the archives, can new links still be added? (maybe a stupid question, but I've never tried)

3) Somewhere there was a thread by a b****d member about setting up postgre which I found useful, but can't find it now

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sticky'd

mods can add stuff to an archived thread but it's a process that is more irritating than it should be. :)

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is the link to the postgreSQL set up video. It's not that great, jumping around a bit too much, but it should give you an idea of the conversion from Access to SQL.

W

wreckoning

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why isn't there any information on PokerOffice here?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once again AG excellent stuff.

W

wreckoning

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I am asking a legitimate question, no need to be rude... I was under the impression that the two software programs were very competitive with each other, and if someone was looking for information on PT they might also be looking for information on PO. If however PT is far superior to PO, then perhaps a link to an analysis of that fact would be a nice addition to your list.

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wreckoning - I have both PT and PO. Both do pretty much the same thing, and price wise there is little to choose between them. In my opinion, PT is far superior - though I accept that is pretty subjective opinion.

I know that numerous CC regulars have purchased PT. The only regular that I am aware of that uses PO is Chris_TC (though there are probably others that I do not know about). Given that the CC regulars are a pretty discerning bunch, I'd take that as a vote for PT, though it's hardly a scientific review - google would do the job better.

Regards

Boltneck

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I am asking a legitimate question, no need to be rude... I was under the impression that the two software programs were very competitive with each other, and if someone was looking for information on PT they might also be looking for information on PO. If however PT is far superior to PO, then perhaps a link to an analysis of that fact would be a nice addition to your list.

ok, sorry for the snarky retort, but your original post/question came off as demanding and incredulous. If you had phrased it more like "I was under the impression that pokeroffice was very competitive with PT and was wondering if similar information was available" then you might have gotten a different response.

Anyway, it's simply that I am not familiar with PO nor do I use it, so I don't have any information on it or links to resources for it. So my snarky answer remains, albeit in a less sarcastic form.

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I apologize if this question has already been answered, but is there any way for Ptracker to auto-report your MTT results (or atleast ease the process in some way, shape or form)? It always recognizes my SNG buy-in's and place finishes without number rankings, but for MTT results I get no such luxury. The only problem here is that I have no idea where other people finished/where I finished and I feel like making up numbers for all other finishers is inefficient/false/waste of a time. Any help clearing this up would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a mini bump on this. Really trying to find an easier way to input MTT tourney results on Full Tilt. Any help is much appreciated

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a mini bump on this. Really trying to find an easier way to input MTT tourney results on Full Tilt. Any help is much appreciated

*broken links removed** are some links you might check out. I too hope that the new version of PT has some sort of summery collection functionality included...

Anyway, for most (large) tournaments that I don't win I simply add my name and place manually. If I go deep in a cardschat event or sng I'll sometimes take the time to enter all the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Tracker ?

I do not personally use these programs however just last evening in a poker forum one player reported, who says he does use them, said that pokerstars has a method for detecting the use of PokerTracker and he was aware of someone whose account was locked (would not allow cashing out) due to an investigation as a result of it's use.

He also mentioned a competitive program he thought was comparably good called PokerCrusher. I went to both sites and an analysis of my "style" of play was comparable......

Merlin333 :cool:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not personally use these programs however just last evening in a poker forum one player reported, who says he does use them, said that PokerStars has a method for detecting the use of PokerTracker and he was aware of someone whose account was locked (would not allow cashing out) due to an investigation as a result of it's use.

I think the person in question is either lying, has got the name of the program mixed up, or was using PT in conjunction with a banned program and was actually sanctioned for use of the other program.

Prohibited Online Poker Software Programs
  • Can you give me a list of acceptable programs?
  • This is a list of programs that we are aware of and permit:
    1. Calculatem Pro
    2. Coach Rounder
    3. Draw Poker Source
    4. GameTime+
    5. Holdem Genius
    6. Holdem Indicator
    7. Holdem Manager
    8. Holdem Partner
    9. Holdem Ranger
    10. Insight Poker Hound
    11. Omaha Poker Coach
    12. Paragon Poker Pal
    13. Poker Academy Prospector
    14. PokerAce HUD
    15. Pokerbility
    16. Poker Buddy
    17. Poker Butler
    18. PokerEval (Registered Version Only)
    19. Poker EV
    20. Poker Evolver
    21. Poker Indicator
    22. Poker Office
    23. Poker Pro 2007
    24. Poker Sharpener
    25. Poker Sidekick
    26. Poker Stove
    27. Poker-Spy.com
    28. PokerStat.com
    29. Poker Tracker v2
    30. Poker Vitals
    31. Poker Weapon
    32. Poker Wingman
    33. Sit and Go End Game Tools
    34. SmartBuddy
    35. SnG Power Tools
    36. Spade ICM
    37. STT Analyzer
    38. Star Tracker
    39. Stud Inspector v1
    40. Table Shark
    41. Telescope by SpadeIt
    42. Texas Calculatem
    43. ThePokerDB
    44. Tournament Indicator
    45. Tournament Shark

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker software everywhere

Not sure what you mean Dorkus Malorkus, do you mean you think he was lying about the program, Pokerstars ability to detect it's use or the account being locked as a result of using it? I note your list indicates version 2 (v2) is it possible he was speaking of another version? I do not recall a mention of the version name in the chat - in fact I was not aware there were so many packages existed.

It was a person I do not know, the discussion was a general one about poker software among many people - perhaps I missed a particular of the conversation rather than being told a "lie" for no apparent reason. Who really knows?

Of the programs you have listed , which do you consider best and why?

Merlin333 :cool:

Last edited:
roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK! I give up. EWxactly what is sa poker tracker??!! What does it do? I've seen them or it mentioned an awful lot. A lot of pros and cons.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If AG is gonna recomend it I'm listenin! Expecially with hes ITM percentage!

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK OK OK! I checked it out a little bit. Seems like it COULD be of some help, but I don't think I'm computer literate enough to use it(Notice I said THINK) Is it pretty simple to use? And what's it biggest benefit?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do a search roland. It's a client that imports hand histories to your computer, analyzes stats and tracks your winnings. The majority of serious players use it.

M

markkaz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for this information. I was hesitant to try out Poker Track but I'm glad to know that it is acceptable to use.

I like the idea of a program helping me with my game but I don't have any interest in any programs that gather detailed information on other players.

Personally, I would rather rely on being in tune with the game rather than
relying on a computer program that takes static information/results from particular games/hands.

I will admit that I am making these comments without any hands-on information about any programs.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars will indeed lock your account and eventually ban you if you are using an add on to PT that instead of logging your stats and the players at your table, data mines the poker site and places on a hud EVERY other players stats whether you played them or not. Other sites do allow the data mining software so it is wise to check with the site, AP FT merge network, bodog all allow the add on.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide