Poker Gaming Keypad

B

blobman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have any experience using a gaming keypad to play poker? Any suggestions? Specifically I play on ACR.

W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Disclaimer: I'm not experienced with this at all and don't own a gaming keyboard. I have seen em before though

ACR lets you use F1, F2, and F3 to Fold, Call, and Bet/raise.

I'm fairly sure most gaming keyboards let you remap keys to other keys. You could make these buttons in a more preferable location (like on the arrow keys or something)

I have ACR set to pop up tables when it's my turn but it doesn't make the popped up table active. I'd imagine you could write a script or something that would let you select which table you wanted active and use the Fold/Call/Bet options solely with the keyboard.

Is this what you're asking about? I've been thinking about trying to find a way to avoid using the mouse and solely use a keyboard to make my moves.

I think everything I said here could also be accomplished with AHK scripts(Autohotkey).

B

blobman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about because using my mouse while multitabling gets annoying and tiring. I even got a wrist injury from it.

W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to hear about your injury

I think the best way to do this is to write an auto hotkey script

The gaming keyboard alone won't let you create a bind that'll select a specific window and enter a bet. It might but I'm not sure how to go about configuring something like that

W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,

I've made a small multitabling script. It'll let you multitable on ACR or any site that has keyboard shortcuts for fold/check/bet by simulating mouse clicks.

https://github.com/WizardRubic/multitableMacroAHK/releases

To quit the program, go to the taskbar icons and right click the H icon and hit quit.

Source code here:
https://github.com/WizardRubic/multitableMacroAHK

Let me know if anyone needs any help with this. I may upload a video of how to use this if it's too confusing. I'm not the best at scripting and programming :(

Edit: The script lets you bind ctrl+(1 to 6) to click at the location of the desired bet fields. This script only works with 6 tables but feel free to modify the script so it'll work with more. I'll do that later

Last edited:
vita087

vita087

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha keyboard to poker ??? I did not know this,

B

blobman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,

I've made a small multitabling script. It'll let you multitable on ACR or any site that has keyboard shortcuts for fold/check/bet by simulating mouse clicks.

https://github.com/WizardRubic/multitableMacroAHK/releases

To quit the program, go to the taskbar icons and right click the H icon and hit quit.

Source code here:
https://github.com/WizardRubic/multitableMacroAHK

Let me know if anyone needs any help with this. I may upload a video of how to use this if it's too confusing. I'm not the best at scripting and programming :(

Edit: The script lets you bind ctrl+(1 to 6) to click at the location of the desired bet fields. This script only works with 6 tables but feel free to modify the script so it'll work with more. I'll do that later

Thank you for this. Looks like it only works for PC (I have a Mac laptop) but I'll check this out on my PC desktop when I'm home over the summer.

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have any experience using a gaming keypad to play poker? Any suggestions? Specifically I play on ACR.

imho, if your playing long hours, a gaming keyboard is a must.
atleast you know it wont break at you in the middle of your games

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I,ve tryed play:) And I dont want it anymore=))))