Notebook minimum requirements

G

GTpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi people!

What are the minimum requirements a notebook needs to run well poker tracker, Holdemmanager2, CardRunnerEV and others.

Thank you in advance!

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you aren't going to be doing heavy computation with software like MonkerSolver or PioSOLVER, I'd go with an i5 CPU. Otherwise, an i7 at minimum would be needed. The video card isn't that important for poker. Just get something with a large resolution so you can view more tables.

G

GTpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you aren't going to be doing heavy computation with software like MonkerSolver or PioSOLVER, I'd go with an i5 CPU. Otherwise, an i7 at minimum would be needed. The video card isn't that important for poker. Just get something with a large resolution so you can view more tables.
Thanks for the info buddy!

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that a good internet is even better than a good notebook.

LuckyLadiv

LuckyLadiv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
Hi people!

What are the minimum requirements a notebook needs to run well poker tracker, Holdemmanager2, CardRunnerEV and others.

Thank you in advance!

i7 16GB ram

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It very much depends on what you plan to run on this laptop and how you will use it. Two components are absolutely needed nowadays - minimum of 8GB RAM and SSD at least 120GB (16GB RAM and 250GB SSD preferred). Regarding the CPU - as mentioned if you will not use heavy solvers core i5 or equivalent AMD cpu will be enough (any Ryzen based cpu will do the trick on the AMD side). It is also good to have relatively modern GPU (either integrated in CPU or discrete). More and more poker clients start to use the GPU more actively nowadays (pokerstars with aurora engine being the most obvious example).

Now when you know what hardware you need inside you should answer one more question - do you travel frequently and if so will you use the laptop to play while on the road? If yes you need to get relatively compact and light laptop with good battery life. If no you can get bigger laptop with big screen which is more convenient especially when you multi table.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on my notebook Acer aspire 5750g with the following characteristics:
Intel icore5 2,5GHz 2 core
Ram 4 GB
Subsequently, I increased the amount of memory to 6 GB, because HM2 slowed down when working with a large amount of database. If you use a large amount of database, I recommend a memory size of 8 GB

J

jppetey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone have a table recommendation?