Multi-table bankroll management

W

webby891

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all,
My name is Jess and this is my first time posting so i apologize if i'm in the wrong forum. Glad to have such a great community to chat and gain knowledge from. I just had a question about inputting information into a bankroll Management program i.e PokerCharts or poker bankroll tracker. I recently started muli-tabling cash games (about 6-8 tables) at the $10nl level. I'm just wondering what is the best way to input your session information . If you start playing on 8 tables do you input each in your tracker as a separate session or do you just input the total amount buy-in combined for each table into one session?
Thanks

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many/most trackers have the ability to automatically record the hands. The session would consist of when you hit "start recording" to when you hit "end recording"

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just had a question about inputting information into a Bankroll Management program i.e PokerCharts or poker bankroll tracker. I recently started muli-tabling cash games (about 6-8 tables) at the $10nl level. I'm just wondering what is the best way to input your session information . If you start playing on 8 tables do you input each in your tracker as a separate session or do you just input the total amount buy-in combined for each table into one session?
Call me old school - but I keep track of my information on a spreadsheet. I keep the metrics for each table separate. I do this because one of my data points is hours (minutes) played; though I typically start all the tables at the same time, I don't necessarily leave them at the same time.

I use Poker Bankroll Tracker for my live play so I've never tried to record more than one table at a time.

If I were you, I'd just give it a shot - if the software you are using supports recording the tables separately - that would be my recommendation.

W

webby891

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys,
I have Holdem Indicator but it doesn't have a feature that automatically transfers my cash game buy-in and re-buys into my bankroll manager unless i'm missing something.Thanks Scubed that was helpful I guess ill try creating a spreadsheet. I also use Poker Bankroll Tracker for my live games but at home i use PokerCharts. I guess its just a pain manually inputting info from 8 tables every session but i guess that's just the way it is unless you know of a different program. As it is now when i enter my numbers into my pokerCharts program it ads up all my hours together. So for example if i sit at 8 tables for a hour it calculates as 8hrs. is that the way i should be inputting my info? or should i just be dividing the tables into the hour so its counting it as 1 hr and not 8.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spend more time deciding which forum to post in; in the future. It is clear that you made little effort to do so and were somewhat aware of the error in advance of it occurring.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spend more time deciding which forum to post in; in the future. It is clear that you made little effort to do so and were somewhat aware of the error in advance of it occurring.
I disagree - I think effort was made. This question is clearly about poker software & tools which is the topic to be discussed in this forum "All discussions relating to poker clients and 3rd party software." Please be more descriptive about "why" this post doesn't belong here so that we can all learn from you - since your reply definitely indicates an understanding about why this post is in the wrong sub-forum.

Thanks guys,
I have Holdem Indicator but it doesn't have a feature that automatically transfers my cash game buy-in and re-buys into my bankroll manager unless i'm missing something.
I don't have Holdem Indicator; therefore, not 100% on this answer. I do know a lot about software though so I think I can make a guess at why this is the case. Typically a hand tracking software is just that - it tracks hands played and the win/loss associated with the hand.

The hand tracking software typically reads the file that is written (by the poker client) to your computer for each hand. This file usually includes only information about the hand itself - not the cashier information. Meaning, a hand tracking software doesn't connect to the poker client or have access to cashier information in a way that it would understand that you have "top off automatically configured" or "you added chips while at the table."

I guess its just a pain manually inputting info from 8 tables every session but i guess that's just the way it is unless you know of a different program. As it is now when i enter my numbers into my pokerCharts program it ads up all my hours together. So for example if i sit at 8 tables for a hour it calculates as 8hrs. is that the way i should be inputting my info? or should i just be dividing the tables into the hour so its counting it as 1 hr and not 8.
PokerTracker 4 WILL provide this information. In the View Stats --> Results we can add the data point "table" & also "Session Hour" which will then display the table name along with the hours/minutes played at each (instead of aggregating them like PokerCharts).

I've never used PokerCharts or HoldemManager so unsure of how customizable they are - take a look at the canned reports that are close to what you are looking for. Are you able to add data points? If yes, look through them for things like "table" "currency" "hours" to see if you can adjust.

PokerTracker 4 also has a 30-day free trial. Perhaps you should install it and evaluate if it will give you the data you are looking for!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management