Making software, that counts your fold count in a row.

T

TheProgrammist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

Right now I am first year student in University with a bit of time on my hands, so I wanted to combine 2 of my passions - poker & programming.

I want to build an App, that would count my fold count in a row (in pokerstars environment).

How I have imagined it, would be a small box next to my username that overlays opened poker table, showing how many times have I folded in a row real time. Similar to HU display.

Easiest way to count folds, would be garbing info from hand histories. Where I am stuck is, how do I display the info.

It could work as I input my players name, and then the program automatically finds the right position (the seat where the player sits) and then 20px to the right, and 20 pix to the left displays small overlaying box with a value of Fold count.

I need to figure out, how can I input string value, such as the player name, and the program checks the opened player table window, and gives me x and y pixel coordinates of where this players name is displayed on the game table window.

My question is, how do these 3rd party app companies can take the info from the opened poker table application window? What method do they use? If someone could steer me in the right direction, that would be awesome! For all the answers, thanks in advance! :)

Folding in Poker