HUDs (HM and PT4

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some professional players have been campaigning for a ban on HUDs (HM and PT4) what do you guys think about it ?? Do you think that it is an unnecessary controversy or that it really should be prohibited because the poker has to be played of equal to equal?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Where is inequality? Trackers are absolutely available to every player.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huds are a tool that are available to all. There are plenty of options some free some paid for so cost is not a limiting factor. So if someone chooses to not use a hud that is there choice and they must accept that they could be giving their opponents an edge. Poker is a game of incomplete information and HUD's help to keep track of information that we do have. It could be done by hand but like all good tools it makes the job much easier.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that HUDs are unfair or give advantage to some players. As mentioned everybody can use a HUD if they want and there are free alternatives if you do not want to pay. What HUD does is to just automatically collect the information that you already have available in your hand history and display it. It is the same like taking notes manually but is much more convenient to let the PC do the job. For me HUD is just helper when i am in a coin flip situation and wonder what to do. In such case looking at HUD stats for the player may help me.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The use of these two HUDs is permitted by the poker rooms, so I think that their use is quite acceptable, those who can benefit by using them can legitimately do it. There are various kinds of HUDs who cross the line of what is permitted and you can be banned for using them. I think the poker rooms carefully monitor the capabilities of each of these programs and are interested in equal playing of all players without cheating.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD's should be banned in my opinion, Trackers are absolutely available to every player but not every player can pay for that, the day HUD's become free software, we can talk about equality!

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUD's should be banned in my opinion, Trackers are absolutely available to every player but not every player can pay for that, the day HUD's become free software, we can talk about equality!

There are plenty of free options