Hud ? Too use or not too use

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many of you guys use a hud . If so what one do yous use and why.. I like and use jivaro.. simple and easy to use

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use holdem manager 3 and it is good all in one tool combining HUD and hand history collection and analyzing tools. It is very good package to improve your game. Focusing on the HUD - it is just tool which collects the information about the other players' game from your hand histories and gives it summarized as real time statistics. It can give you some edge if you know how to use this information or completely ruin your game if you do not know that. Think about it as a weapon - you can have great sword but if you do not know how to use it an enter battle with it result will not be good for you. HUD is not magical tool which tells you how to play and win easily.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started using DriveHud. I decided to use it because i only play micro stakes nad they offer licenses based on what stakes you play, so if i want to continue after the trial it will only cost me 10 bucks and not 90... After a week of using it i already encounter a bunch of tough spots in which the available data helped a lot to make good decisions. Don't think i will play without one anymore.

What i also like is that it helps a lot in analyzing your game. Sure, you could use a hand replayer, but being able to sort and filter hands is so much more powerful... After the first few sessions i looked at my hands sorted by hole cards and there were some really interesting things to learn by seeing each starting hands profit and winrate...

Think about it as a weapon - you can have great sword but if you do not know how to use it an enter battle with it result will not be good for you. HUD is not magical tool which tells you how to play and win easily.

The thing is though that if you enter a battle with a sword against an unarmed opponent ( player with no HUD ) then you probably won't have to be a very skilled swordfighter to kill him.... So even with little knowledge about the stats you instantly get a huge advantage over recreational players with no HUD.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use PT4 regularly and Hand 2 Note on occasion. I think they are excellent tools to help you develop your game as well as take advantage of weaknesses in other player's games

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still don't use these tools in my game. But that only works in online tournaments. And in real tournaments, would the lack of the tool cause damage to your game?

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not arrived yet. To use it .. according to the professionals it is not necessary .. but for later I would like to have no own conclusion ... we have to wait a little more. Luck to all

Yakk

Yakk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD a Must

Hud, why do we need it? If you are eager to delve into the domain of poker, the HUD is a very powerful and essential tool.
But before making it available to you and making a monetary expense, you should meditate if you can really take advantage of it or it will become a counterproductive burden on your performance at the tables, first evaluate if you meet some basic requirements to get the most out of it. She, if not, wait better to comply with the basic one and then put it at your service.
Some necessary requirements.
Volume of hands played;
If you have in your history a volume of hands played, let's say 60,000 hands, very well the HUD will give you some reports and valuable statistics about your performance, in addition to giving you basic information about your opponents; tendencies, patterns, deficiencies, extreme aggressiveness or passivity.
You must have developed a framework or basic strategy from which you start and you are in a position to improve it, as you must continuously review your statistics according to what the HUD reports indicate and apply those necessary changes to your strategy and again apply the new knowledge in your next session.
The Buy-in of the tournament or cash-game is to take into account because the statistics you collect must be significant, most expert players recommend you start evaluating your statistics and data collection when you have climbed to a level of $ 5.00 in Go ahead because before that the players are very lax and reckless in their plays, there are many who are in the process of building a strategy or only play for fun, you will not see them again for a long time, but when the value of the game is significant Entry and prizes at those levels the players are more regular, they play a little better and your statistics will help you because you will find them continuously, also they will be doing the same about your game.
Doses the use of the HUD;
Start little by little, familiarize yourself with its content and facilities, look at its scope, then think what you are most interested in knowing about your strategy and that of your opponents, obviously it will be the preflop game, statistics such as VPIP and PFR are the common ones. , start with them and as you gain experience and knowledge add a couple more, then when you have studied the game preflop, add statistics about the Postflop, again a couple more, check the resulting reports, look at your statistics, your behavior of the last sessions and identify where you are affected, because you missed opportunities to play the hand or because when making a play you could not control the impetus of your actions, that way you will go little by little shaping your strategy that should be superior to the others in time.

Cheers

ComfyPanda

ComfyPanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't personally use a hud. I tried Jivaro quite a ways back and it worked fine enough, but I am a pretty recreational player these days and don't see it as a need. They can certainly be useful if you're playing a high volume of tables and need stats at a glance, since you won't be able to focus as much on what every player is doing.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use PT4, find it clear. But I do not use it that well, mainly for VPIP. I find the huds in turbos a bit of a nightmare as it does not tell you the amount of BB's when the hands are dealt but after the hand is over so when the blinds change this can be widely inaccurate. But sites generally give you that information now anyway.

Sites like Party don't let you use them and GG has it's own built in. Overall a god send if multi-tabling but can get away without one quite easily if only playing one table, but that does not mean the info is still not very useful if you use it more than I do.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still don't use these tools in my game. But that only works in online tournaments. And in real tournaments, would the lack of the tool cause damage to your game?

I play on some sites that don't allow HUD's but I use DriveHud on on sites that do. Just like in live poker when no one can use a HUD no one has that advantage. Instead you need to learn how to take good notes on other players.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use it and for sure, it is an excellent tool for studies. With a HUD, you can analyze hands, replay, perform some analysis of various reports from a large database of you and your opponents.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use Holdem Mgr 3 It's a great tool I think u can try it for free under their Trial Period.

It will help u improve your own game as well

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A hud can be useful but they are also can be a mistake to use. If you just live off the HUD it will not help your long term player reading skills. Also player change. I have seen player who are uber tight over a long time and then start playing different. The problem is if HUD wont show the difference until time has passed and it could still be not accurate You may peg a player and uber loose or tight based on the stats you have when they have made a big enough change that makes your stats not overly useful.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found a hud useful to focus on what players did in the past. Howeve, I found when I relied on just the hud it seemed I couldn't win. I decided that the benefit was only that the hud had me focus more on my game, which did not rely on the hud. Therefore at my level, Micro, the hud had very little practical use. I haven't used one in years and I believe my game has improved, the hud being one of the tools that has helped me along the way.

A

Akena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played with the HUD. I often put notes on players who bet strong pre-flop. The colors on those who know how to play and another note on the players who play tight or not. I think like me, if the player changes tactics several times the HUD is useless. The notes are better with his instinct!
Should I try in your opinion?

R

rapione98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to use, i dislike the software assistance

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I am generally against the use of Hud, I consider it the enemy of online poker, and I think that in the end all poker rooms will ban it.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if you are playing mid to highstakes tournies where you are a playing the same players, then a HUD makes sense. For most players though, I don't think a HUD adds much value since you will have a small sample size of hands on a single player.

S

ShawanG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In sites which allow huds most of the players will be using huds.
Then its logically a big disadvantage for me not using huds against them.
Remember Gus Hansen story when he lost millions against players who were using huds and he just relied on his reads.
Whats matters is sample size of data you have against the player.
Atleast 100 hands for VPIP/PFR reliability
" " 200 hands for Fold Vs BU Open
" " 300 hands for 3 Bet
" " 600 hands for fold to Cbet and BB Vs SB open

And when you are playing 8 tables or more than it becomes humanely impossible to keep track of all players in every table so huds ia must.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am generally against the use of Hud, I consider it the enemy of online poker, and I think that in the end all poker rooms will ban it.
Same here. Kills the same. Kills the joy.
:thefingerHUD:thefinger

T

TUGIN777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are serious about online poker, then use the HUD.
If you want to become a good online player, then HUD will be an excellent and useful investment. And this is not to mention the other advantages of poker programs that include HUD-they give you the opportunity to review your own sessions, to analyze the database of your game and your opponents. Personally, I use PokerTracker 4. I like its interface and convenient filters and HUD settings. If there are any problems, PokerTracker 4 has a very detailed quick guide. But many places now prohibit HUD.