HUD for ACR

frozensprx

frozensprx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey do a lot of people here play on America's cardroom? I am currently playing on Betonline and am trying to switch permanently to either Black chip or acr, just wondering if any HUDs are compatible with acr. I tried to find one for betonline but couldn't find any that were compatible with it. ACR looks like a solid website and they also have player2player money transfers which is really cool because it makes staking so much easier.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PT4 works on ACR but auto seat selection is broken so you have to manually position your HUD. HM2 does not currently work with ACR but they're reportedly working on an update to support it.

Can't speak for others or older versions.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any other HUDs that work with ACR?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Poker Copilot does not. :(

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PT3 does, but again, same auto seat problem, which is a WPN issue, that PT could make simpler, but hasn't done so yet.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PT3 does, but again, same auto seat problem, which is a WPN issue, that PT could make simpler, but hasn't done so yet.
PT does follow your assigned seat. So I just stay where they seat me. Easier than adjusting the HUD every table change.

-

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PT4 works on ACR but auto seat selection is broken so you have to manually position your HUD.
To clarify a bit better here: PT3/4 does correctly position your HUD when WPN randomly seats you at a table. What isn't supported is automatic preferred seating, because WPN doesn't support preferred seating. You can reseat yourself of course after WPN initially seats you, but then PT3/4 won't pick it up so you're forced to manually drag the HUD panels around. Which only lasts until you move tables.

I've tried to explain to PT support how I believe they could allow you to choose a preferred seat for the HUD layout, regardless of where WPN seats you, then letting you reseat yourself to match the HUD -- this would be the next best thing to automatic preferred seating. But either I can't seem to convince the PT support rep how easy that would be to do, or else he can't get across to me why it's not feasible to do so.

As soon as HM2 gets their WPN HH parsing fixed, I think they'll have an edge to support something like this because they already have a per-site preferred seating configuration in their HUD setup, something PT doesn't (AFAIK).

PT does follow your assigned seat. So I just stay where they seat me. Easier than adjusting the HUD every table change.
But I wonder if you realize just how important preferred seating is to people, especially multi-tablers (where HUDs are probably the most valuable). Multi-tabling while sitting at random seats all over is a huge distraction, especially when you've been accustomed to pre-selecting your favorite seat on other sites.

I'll never be able to really put in volume on WPN until this is supported. So I'll play no more than 1 or 2 tables, where I can tolerate either staying where they put me, or dragging my HUD around. Manually moving the HUD is tolerable for low volume STTs or cash games that you expect to be at awhile, but for MTTs it's a bigger pain since you have to do it on every table move. And sometimes you'll sit for less than orbit before being moved again. For high volume (again, where a HUD is most needed) it's just not feasible for me.

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

-

This thread seems broken. The reply button links bad. I had to use a quote to reply.

The simple solution for PT would seem to be a rotate option in the on table PT icon.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The simple solution for PT would seem to be a rotate option in the on table PT icon.
Perfect...

See, that's why we keep you around here. :p

-

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would be better than the current state, but you'd still be manually rotating multiple times per table. My suggestion was that I would configure PT that my preferred seat is seat #4 (as you can do in HM1/HM2), and have it automatically rotate the HUD there. Then it doesn't rely on the client to tell it where I'm sitting, and just assumes I'll sit myself there. Reseating myself is a very fast single-click (well, right-click then click) operation, as opposed to clicking a HUD rotation up to 5-9 times per table.

I'm really hoping the new WPN update they've been promising for awhile now addresses this, in which case it's all a moot point.

M

maxima191

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have Poker Indicator and Holdem Indicator -5 dimes.com uses ACR software

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have Poker Indicator and Holdem Indicator -5 dimes.com uses ACR software

The Indicator series have always worked well on a lot of the tracker-hostile sites, such as bodog/Bovada and the old Cake before they became tracker-friendly. However compared to a real tracker, the Indicator products suck.

P

PoopFlinger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker tracker works with ACR.

ive heard rumors HEM will be compatible with the Winning Poker Network very soon.

Deluxeliner

Deluxeliner

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker tracker works with ACR.

ive heard rumors HEM will be compatible with the Winning Poker Network very soon.

:) ACR is a pretty soft network right now though because online pros can't use their huds, and because the software is a bit older and not as apt for multi tbling.