Holdem Manager/Poker Tracker.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. I was reading in many places that in order to advance in poker it is essential to use a software like Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker. I have been playing poker for three months (10 years ago I played something but very little time). I don't play cash but I have the idea to do it in a while. From what moment would it be advisable to buy any of the software mentioned? From already thank you very much . Best regards.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NO!

Work more on the foundation of your game, don't overload yourself with extra information.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both programs will help your game but I would suggest that you do some reading first. You will will find both tools can provide a lot of information. So much information that you could easily be overwhelmed. Look up coaches like Alexander Fitzgerald or Jonathan Little. They have some good books out and, you can find them on youtube discussing the topics in their books. Fitzgerald in particular goes into great detail about the various tools you can download.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for your advice my friends. Best regards.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The MIT online poker courses 2015/16 are worth a look where the use of poker tracker is explained within an analytic context. In my opinion, don't ignore anything. Look at sharkscope, find the most successful players then study and learn from them.:fight:

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for your response and advice my friend. Best regards.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. I was reading in many places that in order to advance in poker it is essential to use a software like Holdem Manager or Poker Tracker. I have been playing poker for three months (10 years ago I played something but very little time). I don't play cash but I have the idea to do it in a while. From what moment would it be advisable to buy any of the software mentioned? From already thank you very much . Best regards.

There's nothing more important you can get for your poker game than a tracker.

But get Drivehud... use the trials of whatever you're considering before purchasing. You'll know what works for you after using them.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Honestly, I think you should read a few books and watch some youtube videos first. There is so much out there by great players and coaches of which you can take advantage for free. After a while, try a couple of free trials to help you determine if you really need a tracker or not. Good luck.

E

Escotme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
DON'T GET HOLDEM MANAGER 3!

Hi

I play only SnGs and MTTs. 2 months ago, I got Holdem Manager 3 and started using it.

Immediately, I discovered bug after bug.

Here's a list of some of all the bugs that plagued me:
- HM3 didn't automatically and consistently capture the correct tournament information.
- Frequently, but not always, the MTTs were captured as STT (single table tournaments)
- SnGs were captured as MTTs.
- The tournament result did not always register (I finished "0").
- The net profit didnt calculate correctly.
- The graphs frequently - but not always - didn't update when I applied a filter
- The report filter didn't yield the correct output
- The customizable colors in the HUD didn't consistently work. It could even be that it worked on one table but not the one next to it...
- Stats for the configurable HUD were mislabled. Drove me nuts as I couldn't understand why I didn't get the expected outcome.

Within the first two months, I had opened 7 tickets. I started every day, not by going over my previous days' plays and lessons, but by replying to and open more tickets. It was really frustrating and I found myself starting every poker session angry. Not a good mindset...

Support was quick to respond, but didn't solve the issues. One guy in particular never even seem to actually read and understand my problem but gave answers to some other problem. Again, very frustrating.

The only redeeming factor for HM3 was that I got a partial refund, but I still wasted $60 on this bug-infested software. Don't make the same mistake as me.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager are great softwares which can help your game. They are useful in two major ways - first is that they keep history of the games that you play so that you can always reconstruct entire tournament and analyze your mistakes. They also keep track of your winnings and loses (though i would recommend you to also do it separately especially if you play also from mobile device). Finally they have HUD part which displays summary statistics about the players with which you play on the table helping to have correct decision in difficult spots.

All of these functions are very useful if you know how to use them. These programs are in fact advanced tools. If you know how to use them properly they will help you. If you don't you will loose your money. My advice is to first learn some basics about the game and after that buy software if you want to further learn more advanced concepts and improve your play.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules