Hold Em Manager vs Poker Tracker. Opinions?

curler1964

curler1964

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm determined to finally invest in some poker tracking software this year. While I consider the ability to track all my games the MOST important feature, I would also like to get used to using a HUD as well.

For those who use tracker software/HUDS regularly, what would you recommend - Hold 'Em Manager or Poker Tracker (3/4). I heard the previous version of some of these are actually superior to the latest versions? Any insight on that?

I also heard that HEM and PT are now owned by the same parent company. Is that true? If so, do you think they will eventually go to just one of these products?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice!!

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yeah, they are owned by the same company, but still are a little different products and I doubt they will merge into one in the near future.

In my experience of using them, I would say that HM2 is more oriented on cash game players and those willing to work pretty seriously, in depth, on their game. There are more options and filters to analyse your database and so on. If you plan on implementing professional approach to the game in future, maybe it would be better from the beginning to adjust to HM.

If you are an MTT player or recreational/ambitious recreational cash player, it would be more than enough to use PT4. The functionality of PT4 is the same as of HM in terms of displaying HUD or tracking you hands and having access to database later. PT4 seems to be more user-friendly, lighter and less complicated. As a result, it seems to me that it's faster.

Both of them have a 30-days free trial period, so you can use this opportunity and check for yourself what fits you more.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide